• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Attractive Anime Girl Contest (and Stereotype Battle)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
Well, since other people have posted their nominations, here's mine:

The lovely Mizuho Kazami from Onegai Teacher/Twins.

http://i19.tinypic.com/5z5dggl.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote
There are many that come to mind, but I'll put down the first one that I thought of. Maya Natsume, of Tenjho Tenge. Reference material follows. Very Happy

http://www.sg.hu/galeria/1162813820/11628138201162814479.jpg
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/13/Whr-still.jpg/250px-Whr-still.jpg

Robin from Witch Hunter Robin.

She is different to everyone else, she knows it, she doesn't care, she revels in the fact. She applies herself to what she does as best she can and is not unwilling to accept help when she needs it or when it will make a difference. She is calm, collected, resilient to stress and projects an air of capability.

Plus she is cute.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I choose this girl from Fate Stay Night:

She isn't only cute but I like her close to arrogant attitude, it just shows that she's very confident but also very nice, sacrifying her only wish for another. She is also very smart and does and says whatever is on her mind.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Are we supposed to mention WHY we're nominating whoever it is we nominate? Btw, if we're doing Godannar the obvious choice would be Shizuru cause baby got back.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
No group of attractive anime girls would be complete without the lovely and talented Tamaki Kousaka from ToHeart 2. While she is a tomboy at heart, Tama-nee is ranked highly academically and can also play the part of the well-bred Yamato Nadesico with the appropriate grace and style. Tamaki can be quick tempered - as you might expect from her hair color - and though she is equally quick to forgive her "iron claw" punishment grip is justly feared by her brother Yuuji.

Edit - My apologies. I obviously misunderstood the mechanics of this contest, and since the pictures I posted have apparently been a source of confusion I have removed them.

Last edited by Furudanuki on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElementSun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Personally I think Sasara from ToHeart 2 is hotter :>

I'll put up pictures later., busy atm
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
p3rseus wrote:
She isn't only cute but I like her close to arrogant attitude, it just shows that she's very confident but also very nice, sacrifying her only wish for another. She is also very smart and does and says whatever is on her mind.

Indeed. Too many girls exhibit the weak subversive role, typical of Japanese cultural sentiment. As jokingly mentioned in Austin Powers, "Men come first. Women come second." Yet, disappointingly. Even Tosaka falls into somewhat of a secondary role later on in the anime as well. Is it any different in the game? The game does offer different story branches.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
I, myself, am a girl yet I'll admit that there are other girls I consider "pretty," but this normally doesn't happen with anime girls. (That's all reserved for guys! Wink) I would second the Robin Sena vote or even make a nomination for Yuki Nagato, but I actually wanted to nominate a girl that stands out among those very few who make me think: "Wow, she's pretty!"

Eureka of Eureka Seven

^ She's even cute like this! ^

Maybe it's her unique posture and design, but I totally agreed with Renton when he first saw her. I especially liked her hair when it was down at the end of the series. I'll admit that Anemone is also very pretty, but her face can distort in ways I couldn't even imagine!

Here and here are some prettier images. These two make her appear more "angelic."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
voddas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I couldn't just pass threw without adding the one and only Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. Gotta love this Space Pirate Very Happy My favourite character in the Tenchi OVAs by far too. Guess I like the dangerouse types Wink

Ryoko Pic 1
Ryoko Pic 2
Ryoko Pic 3
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quote
I second Furudanuki's post. Uh, we can do that, right? Because...well, I was going to choose Tamaki anyway.

Tamaki FTW!

I basically love her physique--slender, with that gorgeous mane of hair... Rolling Eyes
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
Well since no mods have said anything as of late I guess us posting our nominations is being allowed. In that even I would have to go with the first beauty I saw in manga and this series really is one of the shows that got me into anime. My nomination is the Goddess Urd from Oh My Goddess. Everyone always talks about Belldandy but Urd seems more like someone you'd really wanna have fun with. She's sensual, sexual, very open and lively, always getting into mischief, but always there for her sisters and friends. That and she's hot hot hot. So she's my nomination and here's some picture proof as to why she should be nominated.

Urd 1.
Urd 2.
Urd 3.
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...are we alowed to nominate more then one person?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Hmm...are we alowed to nominate more then one person?

No, just one unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zewerr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It was a tough decision for me between two characters. Maeda's Mom from Cro High almost made it three! Confused

But I'm going to nominate Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War. There's just something about elves that really do it for me. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8