• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (manga).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it was definitely nice to see that Bleach 15 this week. I wonder if Tite Kubo has anything to do with the story of the movie? It almost seems to me like it's bassed off of an idea he had way back when that he just couldn't do at the time.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I think he'd almost have to have a hand it it where the second movie deals with one of his characters on what seems to be such a personal level. This isn't anything like the first movie (or most TV anime tie-in movies for that matter) where they focus on new characters, this one focuses on a often used second tier character and seems to be tied somehow into his past. With this bit of a manga tie-in it's possible that the movie could actually be considered canon to the series.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wayfinder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
until we get an other cool manga in hand to disscuss...

let's have a little talkshow:

How Bleach fans around the word, what would you like to see in Bleach?

1. Duels
2. Step ins (Whos should join in the current storyline?)
3. Characters abilities (shikai, bankai ect.)
4. Characters past and other personal info.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quote
If you wanted speculation about what's to come then just ask for it. Wink

First, I'd be really surprised if Grimmjow didn't join Ichigo. It looks like he's out of Espada and may have been having a change of heart the last time we saw him. He'll either play the anti-hero loner and run off on his own, be the new rival teammate ala Ishida and Renji, or die. Whatever happens I highly doubt he'll be looking to fight Ichigo again any time soon.

As for who else is going to show up, well, Hitsugaya hasn't exactly been quiet about his intentions to kill Aizen for what he did to Momo. Maybe we can even get to see Gin vs. Matsumoto finally as they've been aluding to a showdown for a while, though I doubt she could win. Komamura will likely come as well as I'm sure he's feeling betrayed by Tosen. He'll probably try to get him to come back at first, but ultimately fight him.

And don't forget, there's still the top three Espada left to go though, none of which we've seen in action and one, the old man, we don't even know the name of.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
And don't forget, there's still the top three Espada left to go though, none of which we've seen in action and one, the old man, we don't even know the name of.

Yeah, I've been thinking that myself for quite some time, what exactly he intends to do with those particular Espada. This is definitely far from over. Although isn't Nel the #3 espada? So that's one plus the old man down. I wonder who the #2 is.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quote
The three remaining are the quiet chick (Halibel), the lazy guy (Stark), and the old man. I'm guessing Aizen is better at replacing Espada than Soul Society is about replacing captains. He did replace (and return) Grimmjow pretty quickly after all.

Nice new chapter, but it was mostly set-up for the next chapter which should have a lot more going on.

Emerje
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
The three remaining are the quiet chick (Halibel), the lazy guy (Stark), and the old man. I'm guessing Aizen is better at replacing Espada than Soul Society is about replacing captains. He did replace (and return) Grimmjow pretty quickly after all.

Oh right! I guess Nel would have to be replaced then, wouldn't she? Wink Especially since she's one of the good guys now, even if her powers are back (or at least we all know how she gets them back anyways Wink). The other three I assumed would probably be in this chapter or something, since I haven't heard of them myself, but it was probably in that Espada meeting at the beginning of this arc in the first place we met them. I don't know, it's hard to remember it all.

As for the chapter, spoiler[holy crap man!! Shocked And I though Mayuri was a sick freak! That's gotta be by far the most disturbing thing I've seen in either this series or other shounen series! Man, that Tite Kubo sure has quite the imagination, doesn't he? Laughing ] Definitely should be a great chapter next week though, given the setup for it here.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
306 brings the end to another fight. Too bad it doesn't change any from the last chapter.

spoiler[OK, so Mayuri wins, they open the lab bunker and... what? Who were the two hanging there? The one on the right certainly looked to be a Shinigami, but not the other, could it have been a Quincy? Must be something important to have been locked up and not discarded.

Kenpachi is still playing around, he hasn't taken off his eye-patch yet.]

Emerje
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so before I say anything else, I have to say, that thing that Maiyuri did to the Espada (once agian, I forget his name! Evil or Very Mad ) was just awesome. Cool I mean, that's got Yu Yu Hakusho written all over it. How do you defeat someone who's immortal? Just make 'em suffer for all eternity. Wink

Anyways, not much in this chapter at all, except for maybe a lot of really funny comedy and Maiyuri rambling on about perfection, but it'll definitely be interesting to see who it is behind those lab doors. And looks like we're in for a really awesome fight for next chapter. I like what the preview for it says: "The immovable object vs. the irresistible force!" That just screams awesome right there. Cool
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
307:

Kinda strange, it's like chapter 306 with the lab never happened, they just waist time talking about healing then move on to Kenpachi's fight. That is looking like a cool fight, though.

Emerje
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Kinda strange, it's like chapter 306 with the lab never happened, they just waist time talking about healing then move on to Kenpachi's fight.

Yeah, I wonder what's up with that? I'm sure Kubo knows what he's doing, as he's proved he does time and time again, but I don't know about this. Unless it's something that'll totally blow us away or something......

But yeah, should be an awesome fight. I was a bit worried for a second there it'd be way too one sided (I mean, Kempachi isn't THAT strong, is he? Confused ) but it really does look pretty awesome.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Ken hasn't removed his eye patch yet so he still hasn't taken the fight seriously yet. And Nnoitra seemed to be right, Ken still hasn't cut him, spoiler[guess what he's hiding under his eye patch. Talk about a hole in the head].

Emerje
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quote
Soooo, how about that Kenny? I've always though that zanpakuto of his looked like a spoiler[kendo stick because of the way it bulges above the handle], but I had no idea it actually meant anything! If you didn't think Kenny was unbelievably strong for not having a Bankai before you should now.

Man, Ken doing something other than swinging around a blade. Unreal.

Chapter 312 brought up some interesting points. Someone had to have been in charge before Aizen got there, there was already an army of Arrancar there (which I assume the Vizard were fighting). Now it seems there was actually a resistance to Aizen as well as colonies probably similar to what we saw in the anime filler mini-arc. The preview of the next chapter is rather ominous, almost sounds like a new party is coming into the fight.

Emerje
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Soooo, how about that Kenny? I've always though that zanpakuto of his looked like a spoiler[kendo stick because of the way it bulges above the handle], but I had no idea it actually meant anything! If you didn't think Kenny was unbelievably strong for not having a Bankai before you should now.

Man, Ken doing something other than swinging around a blade. Unreal.

How awesome is that? spoiler[I mean, just to think that a very simple and basic swordfighting technique can make that much of a difference! Shocked That Kenpachi really does have an insane amount of power, doesn't he? Wink ]

But anyways, looks like we're going to finally get some story development admist all the fighting. Awesome fighting mind you, but it's always nice to have some actual story development. That's definitely an interesting point you made there Emerje. I've been kind of wondering myself about spoiler[other Arancar than just the ones Aizen created and how they'd play a part in all this. Wasn't really expecting them to be enemies of any sort, but it definitely makes sense that they would be. ]
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quote
OK, so that new threat is spoiler[ the old threat. Aizen is moving his plans forward and coming to attack the living world. No point in sticking around here, I guess that ends this arc, time for everyone to go on the defensive now. Should be pretty epic. I think it's safe to say we'll see the Vizard back in action again (!) as well as the two fathers (!!), and who knows who else will finally realize their powers. Should be some revelations too as Ichigo will likely finally learn about his heritage.] Can't wait!!

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 33