• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do you hate certain anime just because its popular?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

But, do I hate a series because it's popular...no, it's because either 1) I didn't try it and didn't like it or 2) the genre just isn't my style.

Did you mean to say " I didn't try it OR didn't like?" I simply got confused and wanted to ask. Sorry but my brain is all sorts of confused this week (decade).
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

But, do I hate a series because it's popular...no, it's because either 1) I didn't try it and didn't like it or 2) the genre just isn't my style.

Did you mean to say " I didn't try it OR didn't like?" I simply got confused and wanted to ask. Sorry but my brain is all sorts of confused this week (decade).

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Your brain isn't that bad...my fingers weren't listening to MY brain and typed what they darn well wanted to type...which is what they've been doing all week.

Don't believe her, she's lying! from the Fingers.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
I have seen a bad trend of people hate a certain anime just because its popular. Matter of fact I heard people says point blank they hates certain anime because they are tired of hearing about its. Which is a sucky reason to hate a certain anime. But they are nothing compare to the people who bandwagon with the people who hates its. I ain forcing you like certain anime but at least give a good reason. Ok.

Personally, I will never hate or like an anime (or anything whatsoever) based on popluarity. If something is popular, I will check it out for myself, and if I like it, then good, if I don't, then whatever. However, popularity and mixed opinions can often times lead to myself refusing to discuss it. The most prominent example of this is Neon Genesis Evangelion, I loved the series, hated the original ending, yet I was so affected by the movie ending that it proved impossible for me to get my mind off of it for the next few days after veiwing it. However, there are so many mixed opinions about this title that I really do not see any end or point in arguing which is "right" or "wrong."

And so, no, I do not automatically join any van-wagons of "I hate it" or "I love it," its all based on how I receive it for myself. But at the same time, I refuse to participate in discussions between unwavering sides and neverending rants that usually follow the 'more popular' titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3