• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Anime Declares Winner of Pokémon World Coronation Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:02 pm Reply with quote
While I have to say I don't feel quite as much about the feat as most people do I did get emotional over Pikachu seeing all it's team mates come to cheer him on in his conked out dream. That said it was a fun overall battle and the last episode is just a fantastic watch on it's own. I personally find Journeys more fun as a episodic show that sometimes has fun one offs with this whole world tournament thing just being a sort of obligation to give people a battle arc to care about (not really hatin' tho some of em are pretty fun). I was honestly more interested in Goh's Project mew stuff since he basically gets to be pokemon Indiana Jones and I liked the situations they put him in (even if his stuff is low priority on animation recourses for obvious reasons)

In as much as Ash/Satoshi becoming the WORLDS STRONGEST TRAINER leaves me feeling "great, well now what with him." this being the pokemon anime I'm sure something is going to come along to yoink his attention away yet again. While I would love a new protagonist (actually more than that just a whole different pokemon anime with a different continuity all together honestly) I don't say that with any hostility towards ash or the show as I've liked the past few series with sun and moon being my new favorite. The more time passes the more I feel certain that Ash will probably stick around since he is a good general protagonist for a kids show, and I do think the franchise needs kids a show like this to help it give a broad reach. (and also how the fudge are they gonna replace pikachu, his ability to be recognizable as the face of the franchise is surely invaluable and shoving another one onto some new character over and over again would be asinine.) As long as whatever they come up with is entertaining I'll stick around, it's a pretty fun light watch.

That said with how things have felt shaky on the production side of things with the show I do wonder about it's future on that end since we haven't heard a peep about an anime for gen 8. Like, y'know one is gonna happen but when and what form will it take? The next few weeks will be interesting in that regard...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3