• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The Asterisk War is looking to be a pretty large flop on home video from just the initial rankings. I'd definitely take on that college fund bet.

Would you like to raise the stakes? Wink LOL

In all seriousness, my confidence doesn't stem from personal bias and or being in the fandom for the show. I can see the patterns at work here as well as the trends happening. This series will be the next SAO 2.0 I mean, just from the second episode alone, the show opens up all other avenues of marketing opportunities. Not just from DvD/BDs, but hugely on the merchandise side as well as potentials Games. For me personally though, it is very appealing and definitely something I can sink my teeth into.
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Let the inevitable comparisons continue Laughing (Just saw Asterisk's second episode... Did a splendid job to reaffirm my opinion of being a supporter of #TeamRakudai)

After seeing both 2nd episodes, I'm torn between the two. I hope both #TeamRakudai and #TeamAsterisk do very well but I'm scared for the former because of what I mentioned in my previous posts. Rakudai isn't looking for marketing opportunities it seems and is just for the intimate tale between Ikki and Stella. In the end, all I hope is Rakudai manages to come head-to-head with it's own merits.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hope, good for you, you got he best of the season.
OPM is amazing, and the 2nd Utawarerumono is also shaping up to be fantastic as well.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
So I'm guessing people voted for Asterisk and Chivalry because they want to torture ANN reviewers right?
Botan_TM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
So I'm guessing people voted for Asterisk and Chivalry because they want to torture ANN reviewers right?

As a member of #teamRakudai I voted because I want to torture myself with reading reviews. Laughing
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that Rakudai and Heavy Object made it in, but I'm really disappointed that Antimagic Academy didn't make the cut.

Well, at least it's airing so I can see Takeru in action!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yup, I knew that Nick Creamer would get all the talk-heavy and psychological shows.

EDIT: Has anybody in ANN actually seen the new Aria show? The new adaptation is actually quite good.

Last edited by jojothepunisher on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Mediocre Magic Academy +2. Yuri Goodness -2.
Urge to kill rising...
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

EDIT: Has anybody in ANN actually seen the new Aria show? The new adaptation is actually quite good.

Aria is not legally streaming anywhere (Nozomi Entertainment, who has the rights to the previous seasons, haven't mention licensing yet) and it's a three episode OVA.

I was expecting Hope to tackle Haikyuu!! but, since she has One Punch Man , best not to get too over excited. Looking forward to Nick's reviews on Perfect Insider and for the show to pick up the pace.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

Aria is not legally streaming anywhere (Nozomi Entertainment, who has the rights to the previous seasons, haven't mention licensing yet) and it's a three episode OVA.

FUNimation has the Streaming Rights, but it isn't available yet, for some reason. And it will be 12-episodes long.
gustave154

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Hope is reviewing One Punch Man? Plays LiSA's "Hope Rising"
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
gustave154 wrote:
Hope is reviewing One Punch Man? Plays LiSA's "Hope Rising"

Funny, since that song was in her Top 10 2014 Opening theme songs Set List.

Are Streaming Reviews starting tomorrow or today by any chance?
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Awwwww I was hoping someone would cover chivalry and Asterix at the same time (throw in anti-magic for shit and giggle). Two series enter one must fall! Pretty sure the last episode review for all three would just have been the reviewer resignation letter. Laughing
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
gustave154 wrote:

Are Streaming Reviews starting tomorrow or today by any chance?

Streaming reviews start with tomorrow's shows (Sunday). Reviews of today's Seraph of the End episode and Blood Blockade Battlefront finale will go up today or tomorrow morning though.

Last edited by JacobC on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

FUNimation has the Streaming Rights, but it isn't available yet, for some reason. And it will be 12-episodes long.

Ahh! My mistake. ^///^
I'm thinking about Aria the Avvenire not Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A (which in hindsight makes more sense -////-)
In that case, depends on who saw the original Aria the Scarlet Ammo through completion and if it gets enough buzz for that person to review the new season. As for Funi, delays are typical but, there might be a possible simulcast dub since the original was already released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5