• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucalb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I have heard of the live-action Castlevania in the works. Like the upcoming DOA flick, I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Alucalb wrote:
I have heard of the live-action Castlevania in the works. Like the upcoming DOA flick, I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.

Dear lord have you seen the trailer for DOA? It reminds me of that movie DEBS or whatever that came out a few years ago....I am really scared to think how that movie might turn out. But more then likely I will see just because I have to see "she kicks high" which quite possible might be the best slogan ever.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Ragg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Chono Trigger most definetly. I would guess the layout would be something around a company hires the whole team for missions through different portals and times. I know it sounds kinda corny, but I guess with the correct type of animation, action, and plot twists it would work out. Of course you can really count the 16 minute promo as an anime.

I loved the game (I played it so many times I have full equips for all, and everyone is lvl 99), and I'd buy the anime in a heartbeat.

Same with Final Fantasy, but that failed horribly eh?
Calculusman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Kana Imoto minus the H content (what little there is of it in the game).

Ok ok, it's a dating sim like game, but it has the amazing ability of making grown men weep (well, if you dont mind that, that is)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Dear lord have you seen the trailer for DOA? It reminds me of that movie DEBS or whatever that came out a few years ago....I am really scared to think how that movie might turn out. But more then likely I will see just because I have to see "she kicks high" which quite possible might be the best slogan ever.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

I saw either the teaser or whatever other trailer there would be, and I thought it was terrible. The fact that Ayane is not being played by someone Asian just killed it for me. I liked how Tina looked, but that was about it.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I just thought of this, but I'd love to see God of War in an anime style. I think it'd be pretty sweet, what with the swords attached to his arms and all. That would be sweet action. And then to see the giant Ares animated, and the whole quest for Pandora's Box. Ah, I just think it would make a great anime.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
The Ace Combat series should be turned into a anime aswell.
I love the game, esp all the planes, the action, intensity while being locked on by a enermy missle, and the dog fighting.
The storyline is good and the characters have a good development.

halochief_90 wrote:

Speaking of Metal Gear Solid (I gotta say this). I highly recommend any everyone to pick up MGS3 (it's only $30). It's story is so moving (especially at the end), it literally almost brought me to tears. However, in order for you to apprieciate the entire plot, I would say play through MGS1 or 2 (which I thought were both great, just... keep an open mind with number 2...).

I agree with you. I highly recommend it aswell. I love the CQC in the MGS3: Snake eater, its a first. MGS is absolutely awesome!

selenta wrote:
Well, the first thing that went through my mind was:

Final Fantasy! -> Hmm, which one? -> X was good! -> ...... -> Oh wait, FFX was a movie... Rolling Eyes

huh?..it was a movie?..anyways..
i always thought the FF series should be left in the game and music format. Putting it into anime would wreck the whole reputation of FF.

The MGS and the FF series are the best in the world!

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
I just thought of this, but I'd love to see God of War in an anime style. I think it'd be pretty sweet, what with the swords attached to his arms and all. That would be sweet action. And then to see the giant Ares animated, and the whole quest for Pandora's Box. Ah, I just think it would make a great anime.

Hell yes that would be an awesome series, I would love to see the prequel to God War, when Kratos was leading armies of men and kicking A$$ and taking names. I am so pump for the next game I can't freaking wait.

Quote:
Speaking of Metal Gear Solid (I gotta say this). I highly recommend any everyone to pick up MGS3 (it's only $30).

I pick up the new version (subsistence) to see how the online play is......wow that sucked. I love the new single player mode (new camera is awesome!) but the online is just poor in my opinion. And don't get me wrong I am not hating on the series, I loved MGS 1 and 2 but this online gameplay just doesn't play out well. I am actually going to return it so I can get N3 (Ninety-nine nights) which is like Dynasty Warriors, but hey I love those kinds of games......
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
r3ronaldo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I think XGRA Extreme-G Racing Association would make an awesome anime.
This is the discription of the game. The fourth game in the critically acclaimed Extreme-G series takes futuristic racing to the next level for Xbox, PlayStation and GameCube consoles.

The XGRA, which stands for Extreme Gravity Racing Association, is holding a new competition to determine the global champion in the sport of super-sonic gravity-bike racing. If you think you have what it takes, choose one of eight unique characters and test your nerves on seven demanding racetracks, ranging from night and day races, to competitions in the midst of a raging thunderstorm. Rely on you skills, in addition to a slew of deadly weapons and power-ups to come out victorious.

Star Fox Adventures would make another great anime. Fox McCloud and his animal compatriots are together again in this journey through time. Unfortunately, none of the old crew is willing to hit the front lines with Fox this time around; Peppy has taken a role in mission support, Slippy has gotten into the world of research and development, while Falco has decided to launch a solo career.

This means you'll have to go it alone as Fox, battling enemies, flying combative missions, making discoveries, and more. The story begins when McCloud finds a magical staff, compelling him to leave the land of Arwing to travel the world. Eventually, you'll meet up with a loopy new sidekick named Prince Tricky, learn how to ride on the backs of dinosaurs, fight enemies in hand-to-hand combat, and much more.

A bold departure from earlier STAR FOX titles, Dinosaur Planet is a mixture of just about every gaming genre imaginable. Whether you're solving puzzles, mastering flight, getting into bare-knuckle brawls, or making allies, you'll have your hands full with this gargantuan title that's only available for the Nintendo Game Cube.

Road Rash would make a good anime about illigal motorcycle racing, which involves fight. A time-tested favorite, ROAD RASH is available on the Nintendo 64. This 3D take has all of the over-the-top motorcycle combat you've come to expect from the series, with improved graphics and sound and amazingly adept handling. Your two aims: win the race and beat the crud of your opponents in the process.

As you make your way through the single-player game, you'll be invited to join one of two biker gangs, who can provide a degree of protection (at the very least, they won't kill you). Whether you choose a durable powerhouse or an agile motorbike, you'll love the high-octane crashes that give this game its title. Breathtaking animations take center stage, as the bikes skid out and the riders flip through the air like rag dolls in a warehouse explosion.

The multiplayer options are not to be missed; as you try your hand at Lap Races, a Deathmatch, an inventive version of Tag, or some leisurely Pedestrian Hunting. Throw in music by such popular recording artists as the Mermen and Sugar Ray, and you've got a real classic.

[EDIT: Unlocked and merged your thread with this one and put in paragraph breaks. Also deleted the lists and useless one-liner posts to keep this thread open. -TK]
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm the only one that likes this game but Magna Carta: Tears of Blood had an excellent story line. The gameplay and voice acting wasn't that great, but the story line I thought was amazing. The graphics were neat too.
caseclosedfan414

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Hm, let me think about this...

The more obvious choices:

-Metal Gear Solid (hell yeah)

-Final Fantasy VII (hell yeah)

-Final Fantasy X (hell yeah)

-Kingdom Hearts (hell yeah)

The less obvious choices:

-Dark Cloud (well, maybe, it could work, if they were to do it right)

-Jak and Daxter (that could be really good, because it'd make a funny action/adventure anime)

-Ratchet and Clank (that could be really good, because it'd be funny and action-packed sci-fi anime)

-Ape Escape (even that would be interesting, but it'd be a little more kiddie than the others, if they were to do it right)

-Star Fox Adventures (for the same reasons r3ronaldo already stated)

-Metroid Prime (that'd make a cool sci-fi anime, but it'd be serious and dramatic, unlike R&C)

-The Legend of Zelda (that'd make another good action/adventure anime, but it'd be more serious and dramatic than J&D)

-Luigi's Mansion (that'd make a really cool, kiddie horror anime)

-Sly Cooper (that'd be really cool, because it'd be funny and entertaining)

Other:

(-And just about any other Final Fantasy games that are kick-ass, like the 2 I already mentioned)

(-And just about any other really good RPG that hasn't already been made into an anime)

(-And maybe some other "Only-For-Nintendo" games, like Super Mario Sunshine, or something)

All of the games I mentioned above are really good and/or fun, IMO. I think they'd make good anime because of their interesting, good plots and their cool, diverse characters (and some other reasons that I cant think of right now, too).

Last edited by caseclosedfan414 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eruanna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Sigma Star. Its a fairly obscure little Game Boy Advance game, so thats pretty much not going to happen. Still, it had a really nifty plot that would make an amazing sci-fi anime. I would be estatic if I ever heard of an anime of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rakushun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Katamari Damacy Laughing
The anime would follow the adventures of its diminutive hero, The Prince Of All Cosmos, as he saves the universe from the bunglings of The King Of All Cosmos with a giant stickyball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Legaia an old RPG for PSone.

it was about a boy named vahn that had to save the world from the evil mist around it that turned people into monster and made monsters but activating these crystal trees with this...something like a god on his arm. he had two characters backing him a warrior from a monastry named gala and a hyper womanchild raised by a wolf (connected to a god) name noa. i kinda dont remember that much since i haven't played it since 2000 but it was my favorite and first RPG.

Also Fable for Xbox.

its unlikey that it will happen since its an american RPG but its a really good one.

it start when a boy family dies in a bandit raid so he's taken in by the guildmaster of the heroes guild. there he's raised to become a hero.

but it would be hard to do an anime using it being that in the game you can choose good or evil. it might rule better as a double sided manga when you can read both good possibilite or evil possibilities.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I still bemoan the lack of Final Fantasy XI stories outside of the game. It's so expansive with a deep history and a constantly updating continuity. It would be a lot of fun seeing characters as they were back in the days of the war against the Shadow Lord (Crystal Wars), going through all of the now destroyed castles and keeps as they were in their glory days, and have it all revolve around Aldo and his adventures for Tavnazia. From there they could follow the game story and all three (currently) expansion stories featuring a new band of adventurers or use the existing characters from the Vana'diel Times articles.

So many ways they could make this and it already has world-wide appeal. Heck, I'd even take an offline side-story game if it would just flesh out the history more.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11