• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sonic the Hedgehog Gets His 1st CG Animated Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Looneygamemaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Think people forget this will be targeted for kids of today, not the hardcore Sonic fan.

Umm...I'm pretty sure all the previous cartoons did the same. Doesn't mean they can't be good.
Alexander55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's the first time the Sonic series has landed on Cartoon Network's slot. That mean's its going to become as big as Adventure Time and My Little Pony, since both are on TV and both gained their popularity via the millions that watch Dish/Direct TV and the Web(via "memes" and viral videos).

This also means:

*The Sonic fandom that already existed because of the games and the Sonic Satam/Cartoon/Anime series will grow further than it already is.

*Sonic fanart, which was once vibrant during the release of the Sonic GBA games and Sonic X a decade ago, will once again reemerge, and will become a common staple featured on Deviantart's gallery alongside with My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Homestuck, and Yaoi.

*There will a few Sonic fans who will exhibit behavior similar to some of the Bronies, and will be ridiculed via ranters on Youtube, and Encyclopedia Dramatica(if they aren't already).

*Sonic cosplayers will be in large groups alongside with MLP/Adventure Time/Homestuck in Anime and comic conventions.

*Just like how some members in the Brony community "Ponify" every character from every anime/comic/cartoon/video game/tv series in existence, there will be Sonic fans that will turn most of the characters from the beloved franchises into Sonic furries.

*Google/yahoo will deliver image results with Sonic related images for almost every un-related topic you search just like My Little Pony.

*There will be a few Sonic fans that will post videos via Youtube of them buying Sonic related merchandise in Walmart/Target/Kmart.

*A few more extreme members of the Sonic fandom will force their fandom on other uninterested people(just like how a few extreme bronies do it).

Yep, I can see the future now, and its not looking to bright...

I'm joking, so long as the Sonic fandom doesn't overdo it, we shouldn't have any problems I hope.
Adamb15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Still better than annoying orange.

That shit is gross.
R. Glover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Adamb15 wrote:
Still better than annoying orange.

That shit is gross.

I don't even WATCH Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Boomerang anymore (blame CEO since early 2007, Stuart Snyder); I've seen what they've done recently (e.g. Oct. 13, 2012's last-minute, 3-month DC Nation hiatus, the cancellation of many non-toy-based/non-game-based/non-Ben-10 action shows (I USED to enjoy both of those kinds of action shows on there), airing EVERYTHING in widescreen now (yes, even 4:3 shows), Boomerang now airing newer stuff (in contrast to their original premise of showing CLASSIC cartoons), such as new episodes of Johnny Test and Grojband at 3am at the time, etc.). And about Annoying Orange; well, it DOES have the word "annoying" in it.
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Sonic X was a like it or hate it type of series. I liked how it used elements from Sonic Adventure and a couple of the later games. I do agree that the 4Kids English version had some strange moments. Like how Gamma's voice sounded nothing like in Sonic Adventure. Or at least sounded as deep as it was suppose to.
Jave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
I'm gettin some bad Loonatics vibes from that Knuckles design Laughing

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3