• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Akudama Drive via Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Infinite Dendrogram via Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:55 am Reply with quote
Finally concluded the saga of buying the SAVE DVD version of My Bride is a Mermaid.

Part 1, July '20: Ordered it from RSA's Birthday sale. Was listed as out of stock there and eventually showed up as "Sold Out" on Funimation's site. Inquired with RSA, they responded with "Pandemic causing fulfillment delays, we expect to get this eventually." And to be clear, I believe RSA were answering in good faith here, and I don't blame them for what transpired next.

Part 2, December '20: Cancelled it from RSA as I assumed it was out of print and not going to be manufactured or sent by Funimation anymore. Re-ordered at a somewhat inflated price from an Amazon seller.

Part 3, January '21: After the expected delivery date, I checked the package tracking on Amazon, which said that the set had been delivered... somewhere in Baltimore, Ohio. I don't live in or anywhere near Baltimore, Ohio. Contacted the seller, and they were very prompt and forthcoming in giving me a refund. Ordered the set again from a different Amazon seller (at a much cheaper price!), and it finally showed up.

Sad thing is, I saw a copy at a convention dealers' room in October, and could've just bought it then and saved a fair amount of headache.

EDIT: sometimes, it's a Friday night, you have more than a few drinks, and you order...

From Rightstufanime:

.hack//Legend of the Twincest Twilight Bracelet DVD
.hack//Roots DVD
.hack//GU Trilogy the Movie DVD
Sankarea Manga Vol. 2 (to get over the $75 free shipping threshold, let's hope this isn't OOP like My Bride is a Mermaid was)

From Amazon:

.hack//Sign DVD
.hack//Quantum BD/DVD

I'd always been kind of ambiguous on what I'd seen of the .hack//FRANCHISE (due to the soporific Bee Train / Kouichi Mashimo combination, among other factors), but still felt like collecting it before it went out of print and away forever.

EDIT 1-26:
Tacked X the Movie on DVD from Amazon.
While the movie is a rushed mess storywise, it is pretty good from a visuals standpoint, and it always seemed odd to have the TV series but not the movie on my shelves.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
magishine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:25 pm Reply with quote
January purchases so far
Ultraman Zero Chronicles
Ultraman Geed Movie
Ultraman Orb Movie
Ultraman Ace Steelbook
Ultraman X Series
Rolling Girls
Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex BD Set 1-2
Sailor Moon SS Set 1
Kamen Rider Zero-One
Vampire Knight BD
These are all from Amazon
Waiting on orders to ship from Right Stuf
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Release the Spyce via Amazon.
magishine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:14 am Reply with quote
My Right Stuf order just shipped with
Appleseed
UY Remember My Love
UY Only You
Sailor Stars set 1
Sayuki Reload
Hajime no Ippo Set 2
Case Closed: Sunflowers of Inferno
Project A-ko
Samurai Troopers
Sailor Moon SuperS Movie
Robot Carnival 4k
Kodocha Season 1
Girls und Panzer Das Finale Pt 1
Holy Knight
Ergo Proxy
Toradora Set 1
Mobile Suit Gundam Z A New Translation
10 Tokyo Warriors
Tiger & Bunny Movie 2: The Rising
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
Ah, the things we anime fans who are physical object collectors do in the name of our beloved hobby.

I happen to come across a seller who was offering the Kabaneri the Iron Fortress Limited Edition which comes with an artbox and small artbook for $40 CAD. That's quite a bargain because the set is OOP and the cheapest I could find it online was off Amazon.com which, with exchange rate and shipping, would have cost me about $130 CAD.

Problem was that I live in Toronto and the seller lives in the next city over. Getting to the city was no problem on the GO Train but then getting from the station to his place ,I needed to use that city's public transit, which I had never done before (I was too cheap to uber).

Long story slightly less long, it cost me almost $20 to reach him and return and it ate a 6-hour hole in my Sunday, but - totally worth it!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Apologies for the double post, everyone, but I'm pretty excited about my most recent purchases and I don't want to make (an even more) super long post by adding it to the one above.

That's the "trouble" with buying something... it can often put you in the mood to buy MORE which isn't a great thing for somebody like me who is trying to keep expenses down to a dull roar.

Anyway, what happened is I came across a seller who was trying to offload the Monogatari Season 1 and Season 2 light novels. The asking price was too high for my taste - especially since the season 1 books didn't come with a box, but it did make me start digging around.

Long story slightly less long: I've ordered season 1 (with box) from Amazon Canada for about $120 CAD, brand new, of course. If I had tried to get this through TRSI, it would have ended up costing $145 CAD due to exchange rate and shipping (this item does not qualify for free shipping... I guess because it's so big and heavy?)

Ah, if only my desires had ended there. Thinking about the books made me realize I should get serious about watching the entire Monogatari anime franchise. I've already seen Bakamonogatari (and own the set), Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari Black, but I hadn't seen any of the other stuff.

Thankfully Crunchyroll provides a pretty big chunk of the franchise. However, it doesn't offer any of the Kizumonogatari movies, nor Koyomimonogatari or Zoku Owarimonogatari. If I wanted to watch those legit, I'd have to buy them. Which I mostly did.

I got three of the sets off of ebay canada. Oddly enough, those three sets are all coming from a UK seller who is giving FREE shipping to Canada. Wild. These sets are the UK region sets but that's no big deal for me because I have an all-region player. I got great deals on them:

Kizumonogatari Part 1 - $34.46 CAD (no tax!)
Kizumonogatari Part 3 - $34.46
Koyomimonogatari - $39.43

For a grand total of $108.35 CAD. The second cheapest way for me to get these sets would have been through TRSI but with exchange rate it would have cost me around $267 CAD and that's without the tax added in.

I was able to find Kizumonogatari Part 2 cheaper on Amazon Canada than through ebay: $63.04 CAD (with tax). That would have cost me about $89 CAD through TRSI.

So that only leaves one set to get: Zoku Owarimonogatari. Even with the exchange rate, TRSI is offering me the best deal, but I have to wait until I have $250 worth of stuff to get free shipping. That's for the future - I've been abusing my finances enough for the time being!

eta: just ordered Zoku Owarimonogatari from the same UK seller (off of ebay Canada) that I'm getting other stuff above from. Funny, I must have missed this when I did my initial ordering. Cost to me: $45.67 CAD, no tax, free shipping!
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Hanasakeru Seishonen via Amazon.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Just bought After Lost via Amazon.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Asteroid in Love via Amazon.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:27 am Reply with quote
Catwoman: Hunted (Digital/Blu-ray)
Doctor Who: The Macra Terror
Doctor Who: The Web of Fear (2022) (DVD)
Hasbro Marvel Legends Retro Collection Tigra Action Figure
Kirito (Sword Art Online) FYI Exclusive Funko Pop
Mike Wazowski 2022 Funko Pop
Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Yakuza Princess (Won in online contest)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:41 am Reply with quote
Did reasonably well on the used anime market.

Death Parade Limited Edition - $60 CAD (this set is OOP, so that's a good price compared to if I'd tried to get it off Amazon or eBay)

Barakamon combo pack - $20

Pumpkin Scissors DVD Parts 01 & 02 (still sealed) $15 each

All three titles have been on my "to buy" list forever so it's nice to check them off.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:16 am Reply with quote
2 seperate orders from from RS:
Akudama Drive LE
Ran and the Gray World Manga Volume 4
Ran and the Gray World Manga Volume 5

Finally finished collecting all of Ran and the Gray World, yay!
Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 1 LE
Ran and the Gray World Manga Volume 6
Ran and the Gray World Manga Volume 7

Funimation annoyingly once again put the extras into a side box shrinkwrapped to the AoT LE. Probably when they put part 2 out with a box there wont be any space in it to put the extras. Because according to Funi this is what we collectors want. Mad
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:53 am Reply with quote
Just bought Adachi and Shimamura via E-Bay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1373 of 1402