• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Are we really discussing if fear of Republican reprisals led to the removal of a cutely sung song from an anime where girls drive tanks and doing so is the pinnacle of femininity?

I'm just checking if I fell into an ever weird parallel universe.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I know we'll never receive a proper answer for why it was removed, but I now fear if Sentai will cut it out of the DVD release. Yes, even 57 seconds of some tank driving and singing will make me wary of the home video release...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
It is kind of sad to be removed, I read that some of it was used to show off that the Seiyuu was a major in Russian or something.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Are we really discussing if fear of Republican reprisals led to the removal of a cutely sung song from an anime where girls drive tanks and doing so is the pinnacle of femininity?

its far more likely some over zealous republican was involved in the editing department,as opposed to fear of. only takes one person in the wrong place to screw something up.
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:

its far more likely some over zealous republican was involved in the editing department,as opposed to fear of. only takes one person in the wrong place to screw something up.

Rommelney's Operation Much More Sneaky Sneaks has been a grand success then. Too bad this Republican agent just took an arrow to the knee and died.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:

Rommelney's Operation Much More Sneaky Sneaks has been a grand success then. Too bad this Republican agent just took an arrow to the knee and died.

its always a possibility and considering how rabid many republicans are its not far fetched. that's the problem there's always one needed in every village. could just as easily be the source had a skip and they had to cut out the rest to fix it.
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:

its always a possibility and considering how rabid many republicans are its not far fetched. that's the problem there's always one needed in every village. could just as easily be the source had a skip and they had to cut out the rest to fix it.

You know them tricksy republicans! They aren't happy just being economists or businessmen, now they're doing video editing and invading art schools! Woe are we!
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:

You know them tricksy republicans! They aren't happy just being economists or businessmen, now they're doing video editing and invading art schools! Woe are we!

so republicans are only allowed two job descriptions that's fascinating wounder which the gun toting trailer park ones who show up at democratic rallies are?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
It must be terrifying to live in your world.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
It must be terrifying to live in your world.

so you don't remember the tea boys showing up fully armed at every Obama rally? short memory?

or how about an entire war based on a falsehood even the military leaders couldn't hide disbelieving.

its nice to shrug off the truth because you think using the word republican is a blanket statement but the party itself has a long history and no shortage of examples justifying the term.

it's not some conspiracy hell they can't even agree on what they disagree with the democrats to the point they had to create 18 tea parties to unite against the democrats during the elections.

sure i could say left or right wing instead but it was in fact the running member of the republican party for the presidency who said and i quote" Russia is the USA's #1 international threat"

now do you actually believe there won't be some NUTCASES who will take that as gospel?

Last edited by dragoneyes001 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
now do you actually believe there won't be some NUTCASES who will not take that as gospel?

I'm a little more concerned about certain other nutcases.

But hey, if the tinfoil fits, wear it. Very Happy
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
now do you actually believe there won't be some NUTCASES who will not take that as gospel?

I'm a little more concerned about certain other nutcases.

But hey, if the tinfoil fits, wear it. Very Happy

I'm more concerned with ostrich head burying. if you bring up anything the republicans actually do.

I'm not a democrat either both of the US primary parties are just as guilty of stupidity among the followings as the other. but the republicans count a much larger contingent of well armed nutcases.
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Suggesting that a republican agent somehow was involved with the removal of a saccharine song from a sad era in Russian history from an anime on a streaming website really negates any credibility you had when you started, dragoneyes.

That's almost as bad as the kirito-is-a-dragon fanfiction....
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Suggesting that a republican agent somehow was involved with the removal of a saccharine song from a sad era in Russian history from an anime on a streaming website really negates any credibility you had when you started, dragoneyes.

That's almost as bad as the kirito-is-a-dragon fanfiction....

sorry to burst your bubble but its actually a possibility I'm not in any way saying that its a certainty or that its anything near probable to be what happened just that the possibility really does exist however unlikely. and far stranger has happened in this world than some zealot taking his own beliefs into the job.

one look on youtube should be enough proof that people will do pretty much anything that comes to mind and even film doing it.

edit: besides the total miss use of the word "agent" because your implying a conspiracy where i'm simply saying someone who happens to be republican. not that they got orders to do something or anything of that nature. some nut job decides to believe what was said during the election campaign does not make them an agent.
Zork

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Please stop with the political debate already. I don't want this thread closed for getting off topic, OK?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 30