• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjk9000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:09 pm Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
But doesn't Muzan determine the rankings and how much blood he shares?

Yes, but not all demons can acclimate to the amount of blood needed to be an Upper Rank. Most of them can't handle it and die. Nakime was already useful for being able to create and control the Infinity Castle, so I assume Muzan wasn't desperate enough to risk her dying until he lost half of the Upper Ranks,
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:23 am Reply with quote
Review wrote:
Demon Slayer has devolved into a parody of itself that believes that enough slow-motion and distracting VFX additions will make fans freak out regardless of context

I think they might be correct in thinking that. Because to be honest.. I really enjoy watching the great animation and effects. It elevates a plain scene into something entertaining in the way fireworks elevates a festival from a shopping arcade. Many people enjoy said moments, even when its just Hashira sparring.

Now if the scene was tone death and jarring against the pacing of the show I think I could agree with you. But compared to pushing rocks I found the sparring session a highlight of the last three episodes. To be honest I think these sparring session being more readable compared to big boss battles make them better to watch then when the latest top 8 demon dies.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:46 am Reply with quote
Granted the back end of episode 7 UFOTable bought their A game to the table but that still doesn't make up for 2 episodes of what amounted to not even 3 pages of the original manga.

3 episodes could have been condensed in to one and this arc would have been much better for it but NOOOOOO we've got to drag it out for the sake of selling an extra blu-ray volume in Japan.

EDIT - I bet someone with video editing skills could cut and remix those 3 episodes in to a cut down single episode version with montages that would make this season much more palatable to watch.
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:47 am Reply with quote
On that we are agreed. I am not sure why you quoted me.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:39 am Reply with quote
Can we get 1 hour edit of Muzan walk please? (alternating between him going normally and then backwards since Michael Jackson memes)
Or maybe even a 10 hour one would be better.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:40 am Reply with quote
Chipp12 wrote:
Can we get 1 hour edit of Muzan walk please? (alternating between him going normally and then backwards since Michael Jackson memes)

I'm quite sure meme's will be forthcming soon Smile
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:52 am Reply with quote
Chipp12 wrote:

Cos this is filler! Filler all night! It doesn't matter if the money goes down to the trash
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:25 am Reply with quote
Looking back at this episode, one thing that kinda bothered me was the child's decision to destroy the wisteria incense. If it is indeed as effective as they say, wouldn't the better option be to use "destroy the incense" as a pretense to actually hide inside the temple with the incense still active? I suppose the child wasn't exactly in the right state of mind to think of such a thing especially when his life is in literal danger.

This also begs the question as to how effective wisteria even is against demons. We haven't really seen it used a whole lot in the show & if wisteria incense is enough to drive demons away, then why don't the demon slayers incorporate it into all their equipment? Why is the Insect Hashira the only one using it? They could cover themselves with wisteria perfume or something for extra protection or coat all their swords with wisteria for an even deadlier offense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11