• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragonball Movie Reportedly Pushed Back to April 2009

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quote
hmm, guess I'll have to do something else for my birthday. =/
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I think the delay's at least a good idea in the sense that, if it were competing against Forbidden Kingdom[the other Monkey King movie], it'd lose, due to the latter film having bigger stars(at least in the U.S.) in the cast. Plus, it'll give Americans a better chance to familiarize themselves with the legend, so they can get into DB without being clueless.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
When a Movie suppousedly was announced to be released in August, but doesn't have atleast a teaser trailer by March. You know it'll get delayed. Any movie with a budget over $100 Million usually has its' teaser out and about in December, not unless it's Star Wars, which doesn't need trailers, because I'm sure it'll still rake in tonnes of cash. Atleast it'll give Disney a run in the Best Animated Movie, in the Oscars, only to lose, because the academy doesn't care for hard science fiction. To be fair though, I do want to watch both DragonBall, and Pixar's Robot Movie(Name slips my mind).

YAY!!! WALL-E!!!
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote
ddojo wrote:
I don't think Fox changing the release date is an indication that they think the movies is terrible.

How can a movie make money being the 5th film opening in wide-release, including a Star Wars film. It's not a reject Star Wars creation either. It's been in the works for quite some time and is supposed to be one of the bigger events (starting theatrically as a preview, and then heading to television shortly after, airing on multiple networks) of the year.

Although I was really looking forward to an August release date, if releasing it in April makes it a better movie, I guess I have to support the decision.

Don't kid yourself, Star Wars: Clone Wars is a relatively small event with minimal recognition outside of the nerd circles. It does not have the mass market appeal, being a cartoon, as the live action movies. Finally, I have seen NO advertising campaign for the film, even though by this point we should have at least had commercials at the Super Bowl and any number of awards shows.

BTW: the Pixar robot movie is WALL-E, which looks liable to redefine mass market animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2