• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (manga).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Let's revive the thread a little bit here. Wink

Anyways, I just thought I'd say that after just barely downloading the latest chapter, it appears as if it is called "Devouring Alone / Solitude of the King." Very interesting title. I guess we'll see if it's hinting toward anything real soon.

EDIT: Okay, after having read the chapter, yeah, it didn't say really anything about that. Still a pretty good chapter nonetheless. I've really been likeing how we've been getting Grimjow's backstory lately (his Adjuca (spelling?) form is awesome by the way! Cool ). It does look like this fight is going to wrap up soon though, based on what the preview for the next chapter title says anyways. And possibly this arc as well.
tomoyo_hime8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quote
i finished reading tooth and nail (286) sometime last week..

spoiler[ i hope they won't draw out the fight with noitora like they did with grimmjaw... it was okay the first few chapters.. but after a while, it got old... really fast... i'm still worried about rukia (esp since i'm an avid rukiaXichigo shipper)...]

i wonder when isshin kurosaki's going to come out next? i think he's one of the most mysterious characters in the series.

he acts stupid, but we know now that it was all an act... i mean, he even claimed that he couldn't see spirits in the first episode, didn't he?

if he'd become a captain, that'd mean that he's really old.. or really gifted... like hitsugaya-taichou... but then, that must mean that someone should remember him, especially the oldest... unless of course he changed his name a long time ago? or did i miss something about that? it's hard to keep the facts straight after a while...

and face it... a lot of people want to see what his shikai and bankai look like... if he destroyed something like the grand fisher with one or two blows, that must mean that he was pretty powerful, or even very powerful, especially since he hasn't used his power in a long while...

at least we know now where ichigo inherited it all...

oh, and btw? could anyone tell me the name of (if it was mentioned) the fourth noble family of soul society?

shiba
shihouin
kuchiki
*******?

there's a running debate between me and my pals... i personally think it's kurosaki, or if it isn't his real name, then it's whatever his real name is...

it would kill byakuya sama (*drools) to find out that ichigo was nobility... and the fact that he's been telling ichigo that he didn't belong there.. lolz... [/quote]
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
I wanted to bring this back because hot damn the action has been picking up consistently. Chapter 297 especially had a really big surprise at the end spoiler[Kenpachi FTW!!] I can't wait for the next chapter.

Anyone else think there is much more to Pesshe and Dondo than they're letting on? We already know they were compressing their abilities in order too keep Nel from getting her memories and we know their masks aren't their original ones, plus they both have swords though neither are very traditional. Not to mention they're very un-hollow-like hollows, I think they've got a few more tricks of their sleeves.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, it's like I keep telling myself, "put your faith in Tite Kubo! Knowing him all of this is just simply a set up for something much bigger in the long run." Well, that form of patience has really payed off, hasn't it? Cool

Man, he's really starting to get this thing back to a very intriguing and exciting point, isn't he? I loved that at the end of this chapter, spoiler[Kempachi showing up to save they're sorry butts and all! Cool We've finally got at least one of my 2 other favs (the other being Hitsuguya) back playing a big role, now all we need is Byakuya! Wink] But anyways, I'm wondering if this is all signaling to the end of this arc, with spoiler[soul society coming to the rescue, and that's how they escape with Orihime. ] I guess we'll see.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I was practically jumping out of my seat reading 298. I have a feeling this chapter made you very happy, BrothersElric. Somebody is sporting a new and even creepier look. I couldn't quite tell if he had demon ram horns or a cobra hood from the way he was drawn. I have a feeling he's got something huge planned for chapter 300!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I have a feeling this chapter made you very happy, BrothersElric.

Heh, well, there's the 3rd one right there! Cool Nice to see some of the others in there too.

I'm definitely liking the direction this is taking. I knew they were going to get out of there somehow without having to defeat the espada themselves, but I wasn't expecting it to play out quite like this! It's definitely looking like this arc will end pretty soon all of a sudden, after looking like it'd never end for a minute there. Wink That Tite Kubo sure does have a weird, yet really creative way of writing his story, doesn't he?

Quote:
I couldn't quite tell if he had demon ram horns or a cobra hood from the way he was drawn.

I kind of took it as maybe some kind of hat or helmet or something with horns on it, but I guess that's a possibility too. It could also possibly be some kind of new form he's taken, or something he's experimented with in the research division. Who knows? But it's awesome. Cool

Quote:
I have a feeling he's got something huge planned for chapter 300!

It's really starting to look that way, isn't it? Wink I guess it's one of those things we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Who knows what Tite Kubo is thinking! Anime dazed
oslapedo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I squealed like a fan girl while reading 298, thus weirding out all other human beings within a 300 meter range. But wow, was it amazing. I didn't really care for the rams, or the beard chick. What really pumped me up was KENPACHI AND BYAKUYA!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially Byakuya because he looked like he was gonna b*tch slap the espeda into the next week (HECK YES!).

Anyhoo... did anyone else totally love the splash page where Ishida, Rukia, Inoue, and Ichigo were all on cellphones? I like to think that it was Rukia that was making Inoue blush xD
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote
299 and Byakuya is looking pretty pissed. The pairings here are pretty convenient - speed vs. speed, scientist vs. scientist, healer vs. killer (though that one didn't pan out), and two merciless bad asses - but I don't expect it to be boring in the slightest. I really hope they've got something big going on next chapter.

Emerje
wayfinder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quote
Of course Byakuya is pissed of. The CAPTAINS had to move on. It must be anoying for him that he had to train for many years to perfect to bankai, then the lowly hollows transormed to arrancar think that they are the middle of the universe. I would be irritated too.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Man, this is just sad. The discussion in this thread is almost non-existent! Sad No wonder I'm going off, giving away inadvertent spoilers in the Bleach anime threads....... Anime smile + sweatdrop But then again, I guess there isn't really much to discuss that's going on right now, is there. I don't know, maybe once the story picks back up again, like it did for a few seconds there before it just went battle after battle after battle on us again. But for now, not so much.

Although I have to say while I'm here though, this last chapter featured some sheer awesomeness from Maiyuri, didn't it? Cool Sick and twisted, yes, but all for the right reasons this time! Wink
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I would participate, but I follow the Viz release. However, as much as I hate myself everytime I do it, I can't help but read spoilers every now and then. I really have to quit it. I cannot wait for Viz to get up to this arc, but that's gonna take forever now so...yea. It sounds awesome though.
Zoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I lose interest in Bleach whenever Rukia is absent...
wayfinder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:17 am Reply with quote
OK, then could you tell me how can I contact Tite Kubo? . Yeah. Not like it has the slightest possibility that I can email to him but I would have some ideas to rock the show Smile ( Not LIke he would need)
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice little movie supplement in Bleach-15. Certainly got me more excited about the new movie (not that I wasn't already very excited).

By the way, the blurb at the end of the chapter says that Maiyuri's fight continues in the next chapter. Guess Bankai wasn't enough this time.

Emerje
wayfinder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
yes! the Bleach 15 special is awsome! Though Toushiro is not my favourite, it seems the writer likes him the most becouse he is one of the most detailed characters. I really would like to see the form of the zanpakutos and the other characters inner worlds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 33