• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Relations towards real life and anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
I'm only 5'3

We're of the same height Razz. I stopped growing, but I would've been taller if it wasn't for my hypothyroidism.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
jetz wrote:
I'm only 5'3

We're of the same height Razz. I stopped growing, but I would've been taller if it wasn't for my hypothyroidism.

For me it's scoliosis. I would probably be at least 5'5 if it weren't for that, which is actually the minimum height requirement for Philippines' Next Top Model. I still need to lose about 5 pounds that I gained out of depression from being short as I am Sad Sad . Funny thing is, I'm already taller than other girls here. Laughing

Last edited by jetz on Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mind over matter

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
trying to find similarities between me and a character in anime is what makes watching it fun. usually, because the anime puts a funny twist on whats happening so it helps me get through the parallel in my life.
kokusaikone

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I guess there is really no single anime that would mirror the viewers life 100% (except perhaps that of the otaku's). But it becomes interesting when we see something that actually happened to us. Sometimes I wish I could have thought of that witty or snappy response or did the same stuff as the character did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2