• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] What happened to Morwen Laicoriel?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetz

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quote
I don't know really know her (I'm guessing she stopped posting when I came in) but I hope she's well.

EDIT: Half of my post disappeared for some reason.

Last edited by jetz on Fri May 04, 2007 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
We need to keep in mind that she is both a writer and a first year university student. Assuming her injury did get more serious, she may have fallen behind on both, and thus hasn't been here or to her blog (and it's likely she might have an email specifically for blog/forums stuff) due to being busy and wanting to cut out anything that could distract her from her work. I know I certainly wouldn't think anyone would notice if I vanished from this forum or my blog, so she may not have bothered posting up anything on her blog about the hiatus.

I also did a little searching (I'm not stalking you Morwen, I promise), and assuming the name she uses on her blog is not a pseudonym (some things I found seem to indicate that it's real, but I obviously can't completely verify), there hasn't been anything I could find regarding anything too terrible happening. While it's hard not to know, I have a good feeling she's fine albeit overwhelmed with something, and when/if she does return to ANN (or at least her blog), she'll likely be a bit surprised to find the concern. And that's the good kind of surprised everyone likes to find, I think.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
I also did a little searching (I'm not stalking you Morwen, I promise), and assuming the name she uses on her blog is not a pseudonym (some things I found seem to indicate that it's real, but I obviously can't completely verify), there hasn't been anything I could find regarding anything too terrible happening. While it's hard not to know, I have a good feeling she's fine albeit overwhelmed with something, and when/if she does return to ANN (or at least her blog), she'll likely be a bit surprised to find the concern. And that's the good kind of surprised everyone likes to find, I think.
I did similar searching after seeing this thread bumped last night--if the worst had happened, our searches would've turned up some obituary notice or something, so I guess that's the silver lining if we want to see it. It is near the end of the college semester, so it's understandable to cut oneself off from all online social life during that time -- I wish I'd had that kind of discipline.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope you guys turn out to be right. Morwen really did seem like a very nice person when she posted here and, although I did not communicate with her as much as some here on ANN, I liked reading her posts. She just seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Hopefully she'll come on here some time in the not too distant future.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, now I remeber her. I only talked to her a little bit through thread discussions back when I first joined up here and it happened not to long after I did join up here so I don't know her too well either, but she really did seem like a very nice person, someone I think I could have easily gotten along with had I known her for longer than I did.

That just terrible what happened to her though. I too hope she's doing just fine and will be praying for a healthy recovory. I hope it's true about her just catching up with school work, that would just be a relief.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2