• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - underestimated ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this series, as well. I never really looked at maya as incompetent, she had her skills, they were just not dealing with criminals and rough people. Of course she is going to appear incompetent besides gloria, yuu, and even rena. She probably was more competent then the branch manager, though, and maybe a better shot then Shizuka. hehe. She had been training fairly hard for her ocean agency exam, or so they say. I wonder if they flunked her because of her past. I sat down with a friend, and we watched the Everything you always wanted to know about Nereids, and then the Heaven can wait for Maya episode. I will probably loan him the series, eventually. One thing that surprised me, was no romantic interests, really. Don't get me wrong, thats usually how i prefer it, with at least a minimum of such. Like Heat Guy J, Kiddy grade, and Trigun, leaves more room for action and such.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2