• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 24th - March 30th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sokpupet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Anime on Adult Swim has very little, if anything, edited out of it. Not sure why people would complain about that stuff.

Exactly Very Happy It's all the kiddies who think they're so original for watching fansubs that they have the blanket excuse of 'it's on tv, so it sucks' they stick to like glue. They like to think they're being cool when they bash anime on tv. For Eureka Seven and Blood+ they've even have the extra bump saying it's running unedited. Both those series are really grisly when it comes to violence.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Remember, though, that all the times and dates listed are tentative, and all times listed are Eastern. If at any time you find yourself forgetting these two very important caveats, please shut off your computer and any adjacent electronic devices immediately and do not turn them back on, until such a time that you feel your capacity for short-term memory is sufficient.

Wow, I have heard you say some mean things in the past.

But that is just nasty.

Well done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
So, are MAR and Prince of Tennis relegated to the repeat pile only when it was one of the episodes previously aired on TV, or out of protest for running them out of order (aka not caring one bit about the series?)

HitokiriShadow wrote:
Or what about recording it? Our satalite can record programs to watch later. I don't watch Bleach on AS, but we record it and my brothers watch it the next day. I've been wondering, does anyone know if this contributes to the ratings?

If your household is in one of the rating pools and you log it (or draw it down from their box) then yes.

LordByronius wrote:
So much so, that it makes me rather sad that it's one of the most frequently pre-empted seres on the entirety of the Cartoon Network.

Ah yes, one of the best things they could've done after picking that dretched show back up ... pre-empt it with stellar Stan Lee joints.

Quote:
and it's finally made clear to the audience why, exactly, she keeps those snotty kids around.

I thought you just did a joke listing for shows you didn't watch the first 45 episodes of a series that explained (with flashbacks) a relatively minor plot point at least a dozen times?

Quote:
I would describe my reaction to this week's feature selection as a "yawn."

And thus, his prophecy has come to pass ... he has gotten tired of Jin-Roh re-runs. This also fulfills my prognostication that said event would happen before I got around to actually watching my recording of it.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
Ugh, well, according to the latest TV listings, the beginning of April won't be bringing new episodes to YTV. Reruns are still scheduled to persist.

I don't suppose there's even the smallest chance that anyone has heard back from them? Maybe we should make a topic specifically devoted to this problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2