• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gantz - Did it fall a little short?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
DraTz wrote:
spoiler[I knew that the gantz world wasnt a different world, but i meant moreover in the dimension. For instance, when they are in the gantz 'game' (lack of better wording) noone else can see them, and such. They don't have the rules such as not being able to be outside of an area, etc. So , quick question concerning the manga... Did everyone die in the buddha arc as they did in the anime? Or did more survive?

I know kei eventually dies in the manga, or at least thats what other people said, I can never tell if people say stuff to be grievers or not. I myself just am not the type that they basically make a story to have a central person, then kill him off and just shift off elsewhere to someone else as the new main character.]

Major manga spoilers follow.

spoiler[They're on a different "phase"...it's hard to explain, but there are ways to shift "phase" and become invisible...Nishi's device, the vampire's contacts, etc. The area is just a Gantz rule...Gantz detonates the head bombs when you leave the area.

Everyone except for Kurono died in the Buddha arc in the manga.

Kei does indeed die. However, the rules change in the manga...it's possible to bring people back. Katou is the main character now.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DraTz

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
spoiler[WHAT????? They can bring people back to life in the manga now? Lol... and katou became the main character.. wow. Thats.. unexpected with the tone from what I saw of the anime lol.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2