• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Anime Delays Last 3 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:40 am Reply with quote
This second season has been such a struggle. it's just crawling across the finish line at this point!

It started out in a tough spot since they (not surprisingly) recast the lead. But it's just been issue after another.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:12 am Reply with quote
Of course they are delaying it. I was naive to think that this cour was going to be smooth sailing.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Did you really think Misift would air on it's proper schedule without delays? Which is a shame because this cour has been a step up from the last one.
Glordit wrote:
Happened with the first half of season 2 aswell. Silverlink seems to be OK with Yozakura Family. Will last Crusade suffer the same fate as Mao Gakuin?

I'd be shocked if it didn't, we haven't even gotten a proper PV with it airing in a few weeks.
Velluekk wrote:
SilverLink really wants to abandon this show, giving Mission: Yozakura Family 27 episodes and allocating animators for PRINCESS-SESSION ORCHESTRA, but they don't have any available animators to work on the last 3 episodes of The Misfit of Demon King Academy. I don't expect this show to get another season; it's as if they want to completely drop it.

Which is ironic when it started out as one of their more popular shows/success stories.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Firing Tatsuhisa Suzuki remains one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

I concur with this. I get *why* they fired him, but it torpedoed the show. I also get why they decided it would be better to have a whole new style of voice, rather than hire someone to do an inferior version of the original VA. That said, they just couldn't pull it off. Turning Anos from an utterly smug, self-amused jackanapes into a dignified but rather boring regal person just sucked all of the juice out of the show. Maybe they would have been better off with Kenjiro Tsuda? Or maybe nobody could have managed it.

Ah, well, I'll always have Anos declaiming his name as a baby and his getting authentically pissed at Emilia after she tried to kack his mom and his fan club. (Actually, I think she *did* manage to kill the fan club.)
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
SinisterOracle wrote:
Son of a t***. What is going on with this production team? I can’t foresee this getting another season (if there’s anything left to adapt. I’m not sure about the source material). Oh well. I’ll watch the finale at some point this year.
Well, there is a lot of material to adapt, but yeah - the production is so hot mess to the point that they delaying already delayed show which supposed to be ended in Summer 2023.

Most SILVER LINK productions seems to be cursed at that point.

That’s a shame as I enjoy the show. I don’t watch many of their anime adaptations as the titles don’t interest me much, but they seem to not have enough staff to be able to handle two anime adaptations at a time. I wonder why they haven’t been able to improve their staffing and circumstances.

Yep to the point they outsourced half of them in order to be able to finish them in required time anyways i think aniplex didn't give them a decent schedule for the demon king maou because it shows badly lol.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:09 pm Reply with quote
This show can't catch a break. I thought the stuff from last year was the last of what we'd see, especially since it ended at a decent point, despite the delays. I was surprised that more not only showed up this season, but was labeled as part 2 of season 2. Despite that gap, it still has schedule problems.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2