• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Enters 'Epilogue;' Author States Manga Will Continue for 'A While' as it 'Ret

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Touma55 wrote:
animaters wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
"A while" could be anything, really. I'm going to say a week or two, tops. No way it's going to be another entire volume of chapters. This final arc has been a slow, bloated mess more often than not; no need for the epilogue to follow the same course. I want it to at least end on a high note.

ending it after the last messy battle is a high note to you?

man, if the standards are these low then oh boi

Yeah I was gonna say this is definitely not what I would consider a high note lol.

The "high note" being an epilogue that isn't as much of a slog as the final arc has been. I have no idea what part of my first comment led either of you to think I thought the final arc was good? Confused

Sorry I guess my English is still really bad. I don't think an epilogue to something that has been so poor can be that good though so ending on a high point does not look possible.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:55 pm Reply with quote
That's good to hear, it's too common for the final big event to happen and then we get just a chapter epilogue (if we're lucky) and that's it.
Hopefully this runs long enough for a nice, satisfying ending.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:58 pm Reply with quote
didn't think i''d see this being announced. this manga definitely ran more than it should've
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:16 pm Reply with quote
A properly paced out epilogue that gets the series back to basics and spends its time addressing the fallout of all that happened sounds good to me. I also hope it's easier on Horikoshi art-wise.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:26 am Reply with quote
Now, the situation its quite funny, I am quite sure this season its gonna end on chapter spoiler[395] though, I would move chapter spoiler[386] as the final one.

This means Hori needs to write a 3vols epilogue to complete a 24 episodes season to avoid the KnY hell we are in now.

Or, they can make 2 movies, not a fan of this one, but, I will take anything over the KnY or HxH final season situation.

I will even accept filler.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:01 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Now, the situation its quite funny, I am quite sure this season its gonna end on chapter spoiler[395] though, I would move chapter spoiler[386] as the final one.

This means Hori needs to write a 3vols epilogue to complete a 24 episodes season to avoid the KnY hell we are in now.

Or, they can make 2 movies, not a fan of this one, but, I will take anything over the KnY or HxH final season situation.

I will even accept filler.

I do think this probably throws off the prospect of this season being the ending, but they wouldn't necessarily need another 24 episode season. Season 1 was 13 episodes.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:07 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I do think this probably throws off the prospect of this season being the ending, but they wouldn't necessarily need another 24 episode season. Season 1 was 13 episodes.

It was also in a different timeslot, and the current one has only aired two-cour anime since Space Brothers ended a decade ago.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:55 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

It was also in a different timeslot, and the current one has only aired two-cour anime since Space Brothers ended a decade ago.

Pretty much, its either 24 or a new time slot.
Sasuke149

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:16 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
If this is truth it's yet to be seen, anyways, Shounen Manga could benefit of longer epiloges, that 1 long final chapter so many use is something doesn't cut it most of the time if you ask me.

Normalize long epiloges.

^^ Thisss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2