• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miya Kinojo's Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Light Novels Get TV An

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Spreadsheet updated. Was a bit of a pain, since Archive.is is down, so I wasn't able to get an archived link to the TOC or even the novel info page. (Personally, I think Narou's a bit excessive with robots.txt.)

Quote:
Banaza is one of those heroes, summoned from the Royal Capital Paluma, but something's not right—Banaza is only an average merchant. […] Rejected as a hero and stranded in another world, abandoned to the far reaches of the kingdom by a cruel king who just wants him gone, Banaza's fate looks pretty bleak.

[…]

Satoshi Hino as Flio

???
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:51 pm Reply with quote
He changes his name.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if it's a spoiler because I haven't read the series, but Banaza and Filo are the same person. Filo is just the pseudonym Banaza goes by

[EDIT: Another poster has confirmed this and knowing up front that they're the same character would prevent confusion, so I don't consider this a spoiler and thus removed the tags. - Key]
Pedram

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
The manga's story starts to diverge greatly after the first volume, that include character traits and relationships in addition to events which can be reshuffled, cut or manga exclusive...

ah, well I'm not sure which one would be better, but I liked the Manga and hope the anime choose the best parts from both LN & manga then Very Happy
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:17 pm Reply with quote
She definitely grabbed my attention in the trailer and visual.
Cho_Desu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:20 pm Reply with quote
An absolute F minus of a story for this one. Reading a bit of this LN was eye-opening for just how bad writing can get.
AP24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Oh this is getting an anime Very Happy
I stop reading novel after 1 volume but still reading manga mostly up to date

The manga's story starts to diverge greatly after the first volume, that include character traits and relationships in addition to events which can be reshuffled, cut or manga exclusive...

Are you sure the novel you read was the LN version instead of the WN version? Normally LN version has differences with the WN version, and manga adaptation tend to follow the LN version. If the novel you read was fan translation then that was the WN version.
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Yet another day praying for I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary to get an adaptation and break the fantasy isekai curse. Even I'm The Evil Lord Of An Intergalactic Empire! would be a great choice for an anime. The industry is painfully stuck on fantasy with RPG-lite mumbo jumbo and it's getting stale.
Seraph89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:29 am Reply with quote
Slim Reaper wrote:
Yet another day praying for I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary to get an adaptation and break the fantasy isekai curse. Even I'm The Evil Lord Of An Intergalactic Empire! would be a great choice for an anime. The industry is painfully stuck on fantasy with RPG-lite mumbo jumbo and it's getting stale.

It hasn't had an article put up here yet but I saw it announced on twitter already that "I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire" is getting an anime.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:36 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:
Are you sure the novel you read was the LN version instead of the WN version? Normally LN version has differences with the WN version, and manga adaptation tend to follow the LN version. If the novel you read was fan translation then that was the WN version.

It's the official light novel j-novel is publishing. And yes, it differs from the manga.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:44 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well everyone will be happy to know that this protag is vehemently anti-slavery.

Oh, how low the bar has fallen...

The silliest thing here is that apparently "cheat skill isekai" is a thing now? There's this one, plus "I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World" and "Isekai Cheat Magician," and at least one more with no anime (yet). Most isekai already involved an OP protagonist and video game mechanics, but now they're getting self-aware in an extremely specific way. How much longer before they all merge together into a single franchise, Spider-Verse style?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2