• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto Manga Has 'Big Announcement' on June 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
They will announce a sequel called "Narutwo" because he's nerfed enough that he's no threat to regular shinobis so he can be a protagonist again
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:58 pm Reply with quote
My prediction tells me that they are finally gonna replace Boruto with Sarada as the new MC. The current Boruto anime will then be axed in favour of a brand-new Sarada anime which is currently in the works. In which case, I might actually resume watching the series. After all, my predictions are right 30% of the time Wink
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Hmm lets see will it be a positive announcement?

1. Film
2. Changing to weekly release

Or negative

3. Moving to Jump Square
4. Hiatus
5. Ending (very unlikely but you never know)

Place your bets! or add another option.

You forgot "musical stage show" That's my bet!
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Boruto becoming a bimonthly or even weekly manga would be great, but I'm guessing the announcement will end up being something like a musical, movie or video game. Something nice but not really that big of a deal to us.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
As boring as the anime is (and I mean that it's boring as f*ck) the manga has been fairly good in terms of story; far better than the anime at least. At the end of the day Boruto is apart of the Naruto franchise, and the Naruto franchise is a constant cash cow. I don't see them axing the series (not before my girl Hinata gets some action at least) anytime soon
ballinamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
axed or weekly realease I hope
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
kariocean2004 wrote:
After coming off of Obito then Kagura I didn't have a lot of faith in Boruto but when I read the first chapter and saw who killed Naruto and Sasuke I just gave up on the franchise. It's seems according to comments above a lot of people have given up on Boruto as well maybe like some of the comments above have said their going to try something to turn around the low sales numbers only time will tell whether they succeed or not

The main reason the Narutard side of myself really "died out" was when spoiler[Naruto ended up with Hinata]. If Kishi really had decided for a NaruHina ending, he could have developed their relationship more. Same goes for the SasuSaku shipping.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

The main reason the Narutard side of myself really "died out" was when spoiler[Naruto ended up with Hinata]. If Kishi really had decided for a NaruHina ending, he could have developed their relationship more. Same goes for the SasuSaku shipping.

That would've required Kishimoto to focus on something else besides the Naruto-Sasuke conflict.....and also being good at writing character relationship's which I can't remember whether he admitted to not being very good at.

kariocean2004 wrote:
After coming off of Obito then Kagura I didn't have a lot of faith in Boruto but when I read the first chapter and saw who killed Naruto and Sasuke

Correct me if I wrong but aren't Naruto and Sasuke's fates in the jump forward considered ambiguous?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2