• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Aoharu x Machinegun

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Got Sakura Wars and Rideback back when they came out.

I should probably get Sakura Wars as well, since Ichiro and the girls were in both PXZs and crossovers seem to be the only refuge for their old series now.

Quote:
Same here, God Eater getting a dub gave me another excuse to pick it up despite the price. The dub cast list is so good.

While it is missing the game VAs for Soma, Kota and Alisa, the replacements are all naturally great choices. Lucien Dodge and Cherami Leigh are scoring major roles lately so this makes sense, and Crispin Freeman kicks ass with any role he gets. ;D
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
Iridescent_Fall wrote:
I'm actually really surprised that Aoharu got perishable! I'm by no means a fan of airsoft, but I really liked the dynamics of the characters. (So much so that I started reading the manga afterwards too, which is rare for me!) I mean, it's definitely a negative that the show has a somewhat incomplete ending, but it's still worth watching. Maybe the dub was just bad enough? (I haven't watched with the dub, so no comment on that).

i actually watched the dub and its definitely decent enough. its not as bad as the reviewer thinks. though the incomplete ending definitely leaves it something to be desired , but since this is an adaptation of a manga/light novel , its more or less have been the norm which the reviewer didn't take into consideration. is it flawed ? yes. but so was Blood C which redeemed itself with a movie sequel that fixed the flawed of the tv series. and as for this series, its definitely a rental at the slightest,especially if there is a chance of a second season or a movie sequel. though if the anime series ends here and it becomes nothing more than another bonifide ad promo for its original source materials, then yea. its anime is an absolute perishable since the manga version continues with the storyline and its a decent improvement over its anime counterpart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
Got Sakura Wars and Rideback back when they came out.

I should probably get Sakura Wars as well, since Ichiro and the girls were in both PXZs and crossovers seem to be the only refuge for their old series now.

Quote:
Same here, God Eater getting a dub gave me another excuse to pick it up despite the price. The dub cast list is so good.

While it is missing the game VAs for Soma, Kota and Alisa, the replacements are all naturally great choices. Lucien Dodge and Cherami Leigh are scoring major roles lately so this makes sense, and Crispin Freeman kicks ass with any role he gets. ;D

Oh yeah, Project X Zone was cool. The Sakura Wars TV series is sadly pretty old now, but the movie still looks rather good.

Yeah, at least they picked some really good ones for those that they didn't get back, I really liked the game cast as well.

So true, and we don't hear enough of Crispin Freeman anymore since Bandai Ent closed, just occasionally now so it's great to hear him again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2