• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Milk Morinaga's Hana & Hina After School Yuri Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:00 am Reply with quote
I'm loving all the titles Seven Seas has been announcing lately.

Animechic420 wrote:
What's up with all these Yuri mangas??? Confused

I'm assuming you're not a fan of them, but Seven Seas has been catching up on a lot of the Yuri manga licensing, and bringing them over to the west for people that enjoy them, and desire to support their favorite series. I'm sure there are series that you enjoy that I personally wouldn't like that get licensed, and I'd still be happy for you and supportive. Assuming everyone in this community is an Anime/Manga fan we should all be supportive of each other even if we like different things.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
They seem to really like this mangaka's work. Are they extra special or something? I haven't read any due to not really liking the art style, but if the stories make up for it maybe I'll try one out.

Definitely check out her most well-known work Girl Friends. The premise is pretty standard, but the female characters' growing romantic relationship with each other is honest and genuine.

Rivailloli wrote:
I'm also curious if they ever license yaoi manga? Not like it matters, SuBLime seems to have a nice monopoly on all the good titles so.

I remember a few peeps asked them about that on their Tumblr page and said they are open to BL, but as you said there are already a few companies that has a foothold of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2