• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

I don't see why Yaoi is a problem there, its pretty clear at this point its heading in that direction (its extremely clear he doesn't have any feeling for the Geisha). I guess I could use BL instead but it all come to the same.

I mean, the author did previously write yaoi, so I feel like you've gotta sort of expect that. I would rather not have it go in that direction, personally. But the story is still pretty interesting.
Siddharth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
Episode ranking of konosuba increased drastically in last two weeks.
But this week its cumulative ranking fell by two places. is it possible?
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:48 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
meiam wrote:

I don't see why Yaoi is a problem there, its pretty clear at this point its heading in that direction (its extremely clear he doesn't have any feeling for the Geisha). I guess I could use BL instead but it all come to the same.

I mean, the author did previously write yaoi, so I feel like you've gotta sort of expect that. I would rather not have it go in that direction, personally. But the story is still pretty interesting.

I'm gonna avoid to discuss the definition of "yaoi" here, but even if it was going in that direction, that's a pretty shallow reason for giving a bad rating...
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

I'm gonna avoid to discuss the definition of "yaoi" here, but even if it was going in that direction, that's a pretty shallow reason for giving a bad rating...

Eh, if you don't like the key romantic relationship in a show, I think that's a pretty reasonable reason to rate something poorly. I've disliked things for much more trivial reasons. Maybe it'll recover once people who were put off by that aspect drop off.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Merida wrote:

Eh, if you don't like the key romantic relationship in a show, I think that's a pretty reasonable reason to rate something poorly. I've disliked things for much more trivial reasons. Maybe it'll recover once people who were put off by that aspect drop off.

Whatever happened to simply dropping a show and be done with it if you don't like a key aspect of it? Do people just keep watching to give a show a bad rating (or stop watching and still give it a bad rating...)? Rolling Eyes
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 am Reply with quote
It's completely possible to like the series while disliking one "key aspect". Whether that's the homosexual undertone, the rakugo itself, the direction, acting, or whatever. People can keep following a series despite disliking maybe one or two episodes too - the drop's been recent, and maybe the people who disliked those are expecting things to pick up eventually.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
It's completely possible to like the series while disliking one "key aspect". Whether that's the homosexual undertone, the rakugo itself, the direction, acting, or whatever. People can keep following a series despite disliking maybe one or two episodes too - the drop's been recent, and maybe the people who disliked those are expecting things to pick up eventually.

I'm sure that a lot of things i don't really understand are possible Wink , it just seems kinda unfair to me to give a show a bad rating only because you don't like a key aspect of it because that's just your personal taste and not a flaw of the anime.

Of course i've got no idea if that's the case with Shouwa and there are no rules for "objectively" rating a show (if that is even possible...), so there's probably no point in discussing this topic to death. Smile
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
20 mins too short for Konosuba, I want more Smile
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Woo, Phantom World up three spots. Yaaay. Smile I'm not expecting to get even close to top 10 but I'm enjoying it way more than people would think I should.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
it just seems kinda unfair to me to give a show a bad rating only because you don't like a key aspect of it because that's just your personal taste and not a flaw of the anime.

I agree, but you have to remember that a substantial portion of the population intrinsically connects whether or not they like a show with how good it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2