• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't see any glaring omissions. All the shows that seem the most worthy to me are covered. I find it curious that Nick is essentially reviewing 3 mystery shows. And I am glad Gabriella is reviewing Noragami Aragoto; I really like the review of the first season she wrote for Shelf Life.

I notice there is no Classic Streaming Review in the lineup. Can you provide an explanation of why?
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Aww, no Valkyrie Drive Mermaid Sad

well just about everything else i wanted made it (kinda wanted to read about Starmyu, but at least we get Dance with Devils Wink) so i'm pretty happy. i usually wait a few weeks to see how they turn out before jumping into most shows. can't wait to start reading the reviews! Smile
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
drifty1 wrote:
...why isn't Fairy Tail 2014 being covered? Surely, this one got enough votes...

Fairy Tail wasn't in the poll because we didn't have someone available to cover it at this time. It has to be someone who's seen literally all of the show so far and is available to write it up for us every week. (Just like the case was with One Piece for a while before we picked up Sam.) We're certainly interested in having someone cover it, though!

Yeah sucks that you guys can't find someone, the Anime has been in a great arc these last few months.

If anybody really wants to talk Fairy Tail episodes we're always willing to chat over on the Fairy Tail subreddit.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I was sort of expecting Hope for Concrete Revolutio since it's the "show with a whole bunch of stuff happening in every episode" of the season, but I guess she wants a break from those Laughing
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Darn, I'm too late to vote... but looks like all my would-be choices made it through except one: Fafner. Somewhat surprised it got less votes than the likes of Asterisk War and Failed Knight. Or to pick in genre, Heavy Object, which is currently heading my "drop this at three-episode-rule" list.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed that there were no takers for Gochiusa S2 and YRYR S3, though ANN has always had a void for cute girls doing cute things. If there's a harem or tits, then surely it will be covered. The tamer lackadaisical comedies though? Not a chance. Ah, oh well. Will be happy to read some thoughts on Utaware, so not a complete loss this season.

Last edited by Megiddo on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Darn, I'm too late to vote... but looks like all my would-be choices made it through except one: Fafner. Somewhat surprised it got less votes than the likes of Asterisk War and Failed Knight. Or to pick in genre, Heavy Object, which is currently heading my "drop this at three-episode-rule" list.

Fafner wasn't in the poll either both because we didn't have anyone to cover it (Rebecca didn't follow the new season I don't think) and because we knew from the previous poll that there is rock-bottom interest in it.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Disappointed that there were no takers for Gochiusa S2 and YRYR S3, though ANN has always had a void for cute girls doing cute things. If there's a harem or tits, then surely it will be covered. The tamer lackadaisical comedies though? Not a chance. Ah, oh well. Will be happy to read some thoughts on Utaware, so not a complete loss this season.

Didn't last season have Actually, I Am..., Wagnaria, and NNBR being covered?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Hmmm... Non Non Biyori Repeat.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a pretty good roster although I am going to be missing Rebecca Silverman, Rose Bridges and Amy McNulty this season.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Yup, it was great reading up on Non Non Biyori Repeat here on ANN. As far as last season goes ANN did not cover Sore ga Seiyuu, which was rather unfortunate.
Working has a male lead and isn't cute-girls-doing-cute things. No idea on "Actually I am", but I'd know about it if it was a cute-girls-doing-cute things show.
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
So, I just saw the second episode of The Asterisk War and I gotta hand it to A-1 Pictures/Aniplex for picking it up. I now see just why they've been advertising it and putting in a LOT of effort into presenting the show. I'm willing to bet the college fund that this show will most likely be the next big hit and or new franchise in the market. The subtle hints finally clued me in from the aesthetics and the mechanics of the show's inner world appeared.

When it comes to business in the anime market/entertainment, they're smart/professional about it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
The Asterisk War is looking to be a pretty large flop on home video from just the initial rankings. I'd definitely take on that college fund bet. One of Aniplex's rare misses I'd say.

Last edited by Megiddo on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't consider Actually, I Am. . . to be a "cute girls doing cute things" (i.e., CGDCT) show in any way, shape, or form. It leans much more towards being a harem show.

School-Live! was most definitely a CGDCT show, but it, of course, had certain other factors drawing attention to it. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Let the inevitable comparisons continue Laughing (Just saw Asterisk's second episode... Did a splendid job to reaffirm my opinion of being a supporter of #TeamRakudai)

I'm also #TeamRakudai, although I feel like this week didn't do much to help either show... Rakudai still has a more original premise going for it, which is why I like it better, whereas Asterisk just continues to pull out common anime tropes one after another. I like the production values better than Rakudai, but I'm ultimately less interested in where Asterisk goes since it isn't even trying to be different.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5