• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Brynhildr in the Darkness English Dub Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
This will be the first time that I'll hear Jamie Marchi being featured in a Sentai show while this will be her first Sentai show ever.

I'm certainly going to give Brynhildr a watch. Smile
lazydude500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
When her Sentai debut was hinted at several months ago I honestly thought it would be supporting role (like Esdeath in Akame ga Kill!) but I'm not complaining Jamie's a lead. Very Happy

Kyle Jones has IMO been one of Seraphim Digital's more ambitious ADR Directors since his return to anime.

Besides using some out of towners, he also recruited a lot of new names and also still casts some of the great new talents that used to be exclusive only to Steven Foster dubs.

The results haven't always been perfect but overall Kyle's ADR Direction history is pretty solid.

Prime Minister Honest is one of my favorite voices in the Akame ga Kill! dub and atm it seems only Kyle Jones puts in the effort to schedule Marty Fleck for new shows

Going a bit off topic here I wouldn't be surprised if working with senior actors poses some challenges

Can they only stand for a limited amout of time? (unless offered a chair to sit on)

Do they require someone to drive them to the studio? (if their eyesight isn't what it used to be so there's some risk if they drove themselves, plus the decline of reflexes that come with ageing)

And if they've been a theatre or on-camera actor most of their acting career matching mouth flaps probably takes some time to get used to (though some people do just have good timing and pick up the skill easily)

FrameFreeze100 wrote:
I'm sure there are some who are pleased; +1 to her resume of uncensored sexy characters.

Not going to lie I'm one of those fans. Embarassed

Hope TPTB consider another invite and maybe cast her in these shows too (if dubbed):

- Grisaia
- Triage X
- Monster Musume
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:

Hope TPTB consider another invite and maybe cast her in these shows too (if dubbed):

- Grisaia
- Triage X
- Monster Musume

Marchi as JB or Amane in Grisaia would kick ass. And color me also surprised that she's in a Sentai dub. I can't wait to own this. Aside from the last episodes I loved this series.
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Agito/Akito for Ryota is going to be interesting.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:45 am Reply with quote
As much as I thought of this show as the poor man's Elfin Lied, and it is, Jamie Marchi makes anything worth watching. Hell, so does Jessica Calvello for that matter. Put two together? WIN!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
As much as I thought of this show as the poor man's Elfin Lied, and it is, Jamie Marchi makes anything worth watching. Hell, so does Jessica Calvello for that matter. Put two together? WIN!

They were both in Attack on Titan though their characters may have not interacted with each other.
macattack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Shocked that Brynhildr was the Sentai project they brought Jamie Marchi in for. I didn't have Marchi pegged for Kuroha/Kuroneko at all, it's definitely casting against type and I'm intrigued to see what the end result is.

Overall, this looks like a fairly inspired cast for the dub. It's too bad the final two episodes are such a mess.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
i heard of this series..

13 episodes of a 14 vol. on going manga..

from the comments i'm reading.. they didn't like the ending...
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Jamie Marchi in a sentai dub, alot of Funimation regulars have been showing up there recently, oh and both Kira Vincent-Davis and Nancy Novotny are here as well which is nice considering they were part of the Elfen lied family and this series is from the same creator.

which unfortunately really dont bode well for some people. cause considering on how Elfen Lied ended,there are some people that really dont want a repeat performance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2