• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Aquapazza

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Uh. Pretty sure people should want to play Aquapazza for the FIGHTING.

You do understand that all the characters in Aquapazza are originally from dating sims/erotic visual novels, correct? It may be a fighting game, but the characters and where they came from is going to be the primary selling point. If they weren't, people'd be playing one of the sharper original fighting game properties on the market, not something that's a derivative from H-games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

You do understand that all the characters in Aquapazza are originally from dating sims/erotic visual novels, correct? It may be a fighting game, but the characters and where they came from is going to be the primary selling point. If they weren't, people'd be playing one of the sharper original fighting game properties on the market, not something that's a derivative from H-games.

And all the characters from Persona 4: Arena are from an RPG franchise. Still one of the best fighting games out there right now. People play it who don't care about the RPG. Derivative does mean the game can't be a fine fighter in its own right. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if that's what ATLUS is banking on, because very few folk are going to be aware what Aquapazza is based on. But they will be attracted to it for its clean visuals and solid fighting system.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
So basically, you're all telling me its a bad review because it mentioned this game is excessively cute when in fact that's the main draw. *Sigh* Why do I have the feeling that if Todd had said "Look, this game is obviously just for people who want a bunch of cute VN girls" you'd all be screaming "Oh, how dare you say that!? Obviously people are into this for its deep and exciting combat mechanics!!!"
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
So basically, you're all telling me its a bad review because it mentioned this game is excessively cute when in fact that's the main draw. *Sigh* Why do I have the feeling that if Todd had said "Look, this game is obviously just for people who want a bunch of cute VN girls" you'd all be screaming "Oh, how dare you say that!? Obviously people are into this for its deep and exciting combat mechanics!!!"

But that's not what he's saying. He's saying its actually a GOOD FIGHTING GAME! The cuteness just distracts from that!
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

They're mad that that's what he was implying (to an etxtent), and that he's hating on the aspects they like ( cute VN girls), and this falls in line with ANN's "anti moe bias".

At leas that's what I think the issue is, not to put words in people's mouths.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

"sharper original fighting games on the market"

Uh, does anyone here know who EXAMU is? Or Arcana Heart? There was zero doubt that Aquapazza was gonna be good.
mckg1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
cool Smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2