• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Belle Starlia wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the Final Fantasy games being made into a [good] anime. I know there've been a few (Last Order) but I wouldn't mind seeing the video game itself animated.

Yeah, I'd have to second that one. Although I haven't gotten my hands on the Last Order yet. I just recently found out about it and I feel rather deprived. FFVII was my favorite Final Fantasy game for the storyline alone. So I've been missing out.

As far as Xenogears, yeah, that should be a given. I loved that game. It reminded me of everything that I loved about the PlayStation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about Metal Gear; the games are done so well and have such a great cinematic feel that anything else would pale in comparision. I guess if they got some involvement from Hideo Kojima it could be good.

Devil May Cry and Gulity Gear could be really good. GG already looks like, though certainly doesn't play like, it was based of an anime.

There was another old PS1 game that was very anime-esque, an action-RPG called Brave Fencer Musashi. That could be a good.
MasterRoshiX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Phantom Dust would probably make a good anime. It reminds me a lot of either Magic The Gathering... although I can't seem to find a similar anime to it. Tribal wars and special schools of powers would be a nice theme. AHH! Apocalypic atitudes and lost memories..
papa john

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:26 am Reply with quote
id definetly have to go with metal gear solid, my absolute favorite game. id think they would have to do both endings and let you choose which one you want to see. kinda off topic but id like to see .hack made into a video game, one where you could have like million of people playing it together.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
papa john wrote:
kinda off topic but id like to see .hack made into a video game, one where you could have like million of people playing it together.

There was something like that sorta......I assume you mean that you want an online version of .hack? On PS2 (but only in Japan) there was an online version of the game called fragment..unfortunely the game sucks....there could only be your party members on your screen....Maybe perhaps in the future we can get an online version. There is a fan version of the game online, however it's like old school final fantasy (think like the first game) graphics....but if you want to play in that world I recommend that...
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
DaZ616

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote
I always thought the Metal Gear Series should be turned into a anime. It has such a great storyline, characters, intensity, action is full of unexpectation.

Maybe Warcraft should be turned into a anime( its already been turned into a manga). Its a great game and is popular, esp with WoW. The storyline is plenty and it should be full of action and intensity.

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Noob-x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Woo for my first post.

I think that the creators of Anime would have to be very careful about making games into Anime because if they screw it up then they ruin the entire game. Yes one faulty Anime series could ruin an entire game. But that being said there is always the bright side too it, like the Anime just increases the games popularity. I would like to see the Magna Carta Series made into an Anime, if done properly it would make a great Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
Maybe Warcraft should be turned into a anime( its already been turned into a manga). Its a great game and is popular, esp with WoW. The storyline is plenty and it should be full of action and intensity.

Warcraft was already announce for a live action movie, however who know if that will ever get off the ground...I wouldn't mind seeing an anime about the second game, (WC3 wasn't my favorite) but then again I doubt either will happen....licensing would be pretty tough I bet.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night were made into anime based on the games by Type-Moon. I haven't been able to watch Fate yet but I did watch Tsukihime, and it certainly did not match up to all the good things I've heard about the game. I would definetly like to see if an anime would be made for the sequel to Tsukihime, that being Melty Blood.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
sadly a Warcraft anime would be very very unlikely considering WoW isn't released in Japan (which I actually find very suprising, I guess Blizzard doesn't do dealings w/ them)

It would probably be funny as hell too, least to English speaking WoW players with our funny lil community (ORLY jokes, Chuck Norris refrences, 50 DKP minus, "serious business", the imbalance of paladins, bubble hearthing, MC raiders, naga just stole my bike, LEEEROOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEENKINS (animated))

Far as that movie goes it's suposed to be on the lore from what I understand, so sounds intresting. However I won't be expecting much out of it unless Weta picks it up.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
Hisdon wrote:
It would probably be funny as hell too, least to English speaking WoW players with our funny lil community (ORLY jokes, Chuck Norris refrences, 50 DKP minus, "serious business", the imbalance of paladins, bubble hearthing, MC raiders, naga just stole my bike, LEEEROOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEENKINS (animated))

You forgot "SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED", epic maneuvers, Picard, N64 Kid, BOOM! Headshot!, and I believe you took my (insert item here) . . .

Maybe because I miss the games of Game Arts, but I feel the Grandia series would be excellent. The first game has SO many things you may see in an adventure/comedic Japanese anime, and Grandia II would be awesome with the music, religious overtones, and you typical JA RPG charas fit the standards for easy dialogue.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see Suikoden animated, but only if they included Murayama-san (the creator) in the project and followed the story of the games failthfully -one of the things I hate when a game is converted to anime is that when they change the plot and the roles of the characters like what they did to the horrible animated version of Xenosaga Evil or Very Mad
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:54 am Reply with quote
Well, the first thing that went through my mind was:

Final Fantasy! -> Hmm, which one? -> X was good! -> ...... -> Oh wait, FFX was a movie... Rolling Eyes

Just skimmed through the thread, I'm surprised. Not as many RPG fans out there as I'd imagined, hard to find a more anime appropriate story than Forgotten Realms stuff like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. Those who know of Drizzt I'm sure can imagine the fights with him playing with his dual scimitars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:26 am Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
I always thought the Metal Gear Series should be turned into a anime. It has such a great storyline, characters, intensity, action is full of unexpectation.
-DaZ
There is already graphic novels of the first games' story, which was also later animated together into a "digital comic" on the PSP.

Speaking of Metal Gear Solid (I gotta say this). I highly recommend any everyone to pick up MGS3 (it's only $30). It's story is so moving (especially at the end), it literally almost brought me to tears. However, in order for you to apprieciate the entire plot, I would say play through MGS1 or 2 (which I thought were both great, just... keep an open mind with number 2...).
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
Alucalb wrote:
How about the Castlevania games? Just imagine Ayami Kojima's gorgeous illustrations walking and talking... *drool*

Yet an another game that suppose to have a movie coming out.....but then again take that with a pinch of salt since who knows if it will be release. However that said the director is Paul Anderson (who did Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, and also is working on the animated Pac man) so I think that Castlevania still has the best chance of making it.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11