• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Magazines

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Well Im going to the store right now to see what mags they got and mabye buy one to see if I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:50 am Reply with quote
Newtype USA is pretty good. I like the free stuff (who doesn't like free stuff) but the only problem that I have is that the sampler DVDs are usually ADV shows. There has been only two times that the sampler disc was something other than ADV stuff. They run the risk of losing their credibility if they continue to do that since everyone knows that ADV is flipping the bill.

Animerica used to have the same problem when it came to Viz products. Thankfully, they learned their lesson.

Anime Insider isn't too bad. Sometimes people take things too seriously so a little sophomoric humor from time to time isn't a bad thing.

Protoculture Addicts is hard to find. It's not a bad mag to thumb through for a change of pace. It is pretty raw and they have the tendency to give out spoilers (episode guides) for series that aren't finished yet. Sometimes, that can be too tempting for me. For instance. The latest Protoculture Addicts has an episode guide for RahXephon. Try as I might, I couldn't keep myself from reading it. (what can I say. I'm weak. weak, weak, weak)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2