• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animal Crossing Movie in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raja

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote
So...is Nintendo trying to figure out what the next "Pokemon" is going to be? Somehow, I don't think kids will find collecting furniture sets as compelling as catching Pokemon...
Shorty22

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget, not only are you alone in a new town, you get in debt as soon as you step off the train. Then you get to face demanding neighbors, a talking well that tells you how to properly maintain the plant life, and the most important thing ever; you realize that what your parents said all along was wrong... money DOES grow on/fall off trees.

But really, they should try to incorporate the ditzy mom letters into it somehow. Those were usually worth a laugh. And it'd even fit in, since many characters only have a passing mention of their parents.

But in all seriousness, I really don't see how they plan to make this into a movie... while I don't mind playing Animal Crossing, I can't watch someone play it, I fall asleep. I wonder what kind of storyline they're going to make up. A slight romance? Quest to collect all the fish/bugs/something? Some cliche story about becoming independant and growing up a bit while saving the town from... uh... Redd, the evil scam artist? Rolling Eyes
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Hamtaro was only 296 episodes long thank you.

Anyway this actually seems like it could become popular based on how well Nintendo DS games have been selling in Japan. Animal Crossing Wild World was one of the top selling games in Japan.
tetsuo76

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote
Yeah I figure the plot will be something like this.. Bill the duck is bitten by a rare transylvanian mosquito that he is trying to capture, and shortly after buy's a castle from tom nook and sets about offing the other animals at the crossing and taking thier furniture.. and then everything goes to hell when a stranger called simon belmont turns up to exact some vengeance.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
The only good thing about Animal Crossing is dictating how they end their sentences or greet you. There was something poetic about cute little rhinoceri spitting racial epitaphs after every sentence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2