• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
WETA giving up on live-action Evangelion already?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:15 am Reply with quote
Kyle Smyth wrote:
Actually thats a very good point. George Lucas would be able to give EVA the popularity it deserves. However I would kinda like it if EVA created its own popularity just from being good.

The thing is...

It could be a downside.

For example; Star Wars fans might not want to see it, because of how they feel about the new trilogy, the handling of the director's cut original trilogy re-release, and such.

Whereas non-fans might be put off because they consider George Lucas to be too geeky.
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If you've heard the news, PJ and his LOTR script-writer will be producing the HALO movie, which pretty much means Eva's been pushed back to '07-'08 at best. Thoughts?

I think WETA would be able to handle more than one project at a time. I think that if ADV will be able to raise enough money, getting WETA to do it will not be a problem.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
Kyle Smyth wrote:

Actually thats a very good point. George Lucas would be able to give EVA the popularity it deserves. However I would kinda like it if EVA created its own popularity just from being good.

Well, like Nagi said, using ILM has nothing to do with Lucas and drawing Starwars fans.

ILM has done SFX for more movies then most people realize, and it doesn't draw any extra fans. (Well, maybe one or two, because I know there's someone out there who's that big of a "fan")
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
for example, but you don't see Lucas credited for jack in that movie because he didn't do jack.

According to the Making of book Lucas supervised much of the effects editing in Jurassic Park while Speilberg was working on Shindler's List.

I'd prefer Weta to ILM for this because WETA seems to be more concerned with creating the sense of a real, complete and internally self-consistent world, which is what Eva needs. ILM seems to be more concerned with making kids and nerds want to buy the toy line, which is not so much what Eva needs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
P.S. I've said it before, I'll say it again: in a perfect world, Alain Resnais to direct. Script by Tom Stoppard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2