• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cobs' Survey: Anime Men Want to Show Future Kids

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote
mmmmm.... it could be interesting to show your kid Hokuto no ken.... hahaha his first words... Omae wa mou shindeiru... yeap your wife will kill you if you do that. hahaha
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quote
Well, this survey kinda need to be a little more precise. Like what age would you let them watch which series?

Because all these shonen anime like DBZ, One Piece and Naruto are aimed towards teenagers and up. Is everyone comfortable with their kids under 7 years watching shows whose contents include violence and sexual innuendo?
Brakus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Well, this survey kinda need to be a little more precise. Like what age would you let them watch which series?

Because all these shonen anime like DBZ, One Piece and Naruto are aimed towards teenagers and up.

But DBZ, One Piece, and Naruto ARE aimed towards kids in Japan. Over AND under age 7. Kids as young as FIVE are familiar with DBKai over there. As far as I know, they all are turning out fine.

Quote:
Is everyone comfortable with their kids under 7 years watching shows whose contents include violence and sexual innuendo?

Maybe in Japan, yes. As far as stateside? Well, that's another ball of wax entirely.

- J
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
Oh god half that list is bad. Where the hell did slam dunk come from anyway?

the planet of awesome s*** you've never seen, apparently.

slam dunk is a fantastic manga, but the anime really cut corners.
i definitely think toei needs to reanimate it, or at least do a slam dunk KAI or something.
Quote:

Because all these shonen anime like DBZ, One Piece and Naruto are aimed towards teenagers and up. Is everyone comfortable with their kids under 7 years watching shows whose contents include violence and sexual innuendo?

well, shonen MANGA is aimed at 13-15 and up, shonen ANIME is aimed at a slightly younger audience than that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2