• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The longest time you spent watching anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
i would say watching the whole robotech pack all 3 series not all at once took a hour nap here and there but wacthed it all without doing much of anything else plus i was sick
Gabriel Osamu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
The first time I watched Inuyasha I kept on watching for several hours. I started on episode 1 and went through to episode 24, that totalized 20 minutes x 30, which is 600 minutes, 10 hours, and just as I had finished watching, I refused to eat because I wanted to see the first season of Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) which took me another 4 hours. I therefore watched anime continuously for 14 hours... That was kinda fun. Though I started watching again after 5 hours of sleep, but can't remember how many hours that was. Still, I watched really a lot of anime those two days.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Like others, I've had days where I just blew through shows in a sitting. Probably 13 or so hours in a sitting would be accurate. I'm up all night anyway, it's not like there's much else to do. Smile

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I've marithoned several 26 episode series in one sitting, with friends, so probabally roughly 13 hours. More if you include the essential bathroom breaks.

Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Planetes, and RahXephon to name a few. We actually have another one planned whenever my latest Rightstuf sale older comes in. I bought all of the Trigun remix DVDs so we're going to have a nostalgia-fest. Smile

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
From 7:30am to 2am. Couldn't sleep. I watched several series, but can't remember them. I think one was Kiddy Grade, but I've slept since then to remember.

This weekend, I'm on a quest to quit smoking. I've a feeling I'm about to blow this "record" out of the water.
flavius184

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
happymoose wrote:
Edit: After reading the posts below me I sincerely hope somebody either equals me or 1-ups me in this thread! I don't want to hold the record alone. Sad

Haha, don't worry about it. There are times when we just let ourselves go when we have free time (especially during school breaks and vacations). As long as your record isn't typical of the hours you usually devote to watching anime, then there's nothing to be ashamed about.

My own record was done during vacation too, but outside of breaks, I'm usually lucky if I can watch three episodes in one sitting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2