• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Brazzlefrazz wrote:
I thought that the fight was awesome as well. I didn't much care for Grimmjow's release at first (really wasn't what I expected), but once the fighting started I thought it was a pretty natural way for Grimmjow to fight, like a wild animal.

Yeah, Grimmjow preferred to use his fists and - especially - his legs in his unreleased state, which echoes the fact that he doesn't have a sword or other melee weapon in his beast form. He's just an all-out brawler.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

And nice to see that Ichigo has finally mastered keeping his mask on, although I find the lack of an explanation for how he managed that to be a bit suspect.

I actually greatly appreciated that element myself, despite the lack of context. For once, we didn't have to sit through a dull training sequence or long-winded explanation...Ichigo simply picked it up as he went along, so when he needed to use it to enable an awesome extended fight scene, he was able to do so. This is something that One Piece often uses with great effect, especially with Luffy, so I was glad to see Bleach doing the same.
synn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
I'm disappointed by current broadcast. I mean why they added filler for year ?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Because they were catching up with the manga too quickly, and so had to divert the plot for a while so it could get ahead again, lest the anime get ahead of it and wreck the canon.
synn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
But i guess for current fillers i think it had more action than the arc running. I mean unknown zampktou arc has less humor and more of serious action and some powers revealing in it. Is it really filler ?
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quote
Well, adult swim was nice enough to air the entire "mock arancar" arc in one night.

Thanks adult swim, Thadult swim. Smile
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
So since AS has finally started airing new episodes, it's time to get this thread going again.

After seeing episode 168 last night, I was almost immediately struck by how off the artistry seemed to me, especially compared to re-viewing episodes 166 and 167 last week. Did anyone else notice this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this suppose to be a filler arc? If so, then the art quality will drop off.

I started watching but fell asleep after the second commercial break I think(after the new captain got drunk). AS should move this to the 12am slot since they're just running Brotherhood re-runs now.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
To me the animation seemed passable for a filler episode that mostly consisted of people talking. It could have been much worse and I've heard that it does in this arc.

Of course, ep. 166, with Shingo Ogiso as the animation director, is a tough act to follow. It was the high point so far in terms of animation in Bleach. Really nice smoke effects at the beginning and the use of split screen and storyboarding in general was the best the series has seen.

The only thing I took away from ep. 167 was the painful-to-watch sequence of Ichigo screaming that he's going to save...EVERYONE! The animation looked pretty bad in that sequence too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was okay, don't know if I'd buy this on DVD though. The Bount arc was okay, but I just might stick to buying the main story arcs instead.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I thought it was okay, don't know if I'd buy this on DVD though. The Bount arc was okay, but I just might stick to buying the main story arcs instead.

That's what I'm going to do. I wonder if Viz can opt out of purchasing the filler arcs.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

That's what I'm going to do. I wonder if Viz can opt out of purchasing the filler arcs.

Somehow, I doubt that very much. I'm sure the Japanese have said that if want one, you gotta take them all. And if Viz was able to or can opt out...then they wouldn't have spent their money dubbing it.

BTW - how many episodes are there in this arc?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow - it's been a while since this thread has been posted on. And I was the last person to do so. No one answered my question! Sad

Well, I have to say that it's nice seeing Neliel (sp?) rather than Nel. Neliel is interesting. Most of the Espada are crazy badasses or just plain crazy. But she's a bit ditzy and a girly girl. But very much a badass. And pissed off right now too.

In regards to her friends P and D. She was very upset and angry that their masks were torn off. Other than hurting like hell, what does it mean when an Espada loses their mask - because if it was ever mentioned, I forgot.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Well, I have to say that it's nice seeing Neliel (sp?) rather than Nel. Neliel is interesting. Most of the Espada are crazy badasses or just plain crazy. But she's a bit ditzy and a girly girl. But very much a badass. And pissed off right now too.

I agree; I found her mostly annoying in her kid form but much more interesting in her adult form. (That puppet guy, OTOH, can't die fast enough. Gods, is he obnoxious!) I also found scythe-blade-guy's reason for hating Neliel rather amusing; so he's a misogynist too, eh? Bleach has a bad habit of going off the deep end for character background flashbacks but the one in this most recent episode (194) was nicely-handled.

And based on the titles of upcoming episodes, things should get much more interesting indeed in just a couple more. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

BTW - how many episodes are there in this arc?

I'm not exactly sure, but from what I remember of this point of the manga, it's gonna be awhile. Also, while this arc does have a definite "end", it more or less just jumps right into the next arc, leaving alot unexplained...not like the end of the Soul Society arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 107