• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I finally got around to watching the latest two episodes today. It was interesting learning Ikkakus's history. What a bada$$! At least until he met Kenpachi.

It was interesting to see that Renji asked Ikkaku to spoiler[become the Captain of Squad 5 but I could also understand why he turned it down.]

Btw: Concering Squad 5 spoiler[does it get a new captain? But please don't tell me who if they do.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
Lol, way to ask a question without a right answer. Wink I don't think it gives much away to say that as of this point, none of the vacant positions have yet been filled (within canon, at least). It's interesting to consider that of all the known elligables, few if any of them are interested in switching positions (Ikkaku and Renji, for example). Of course, who knows how many of the remaining LTs might have hidden bankai. Several of the existing captains haven't even shown off their own Bankai yet.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Lol, way to ask a question without a right answer. Wink I don't think it gives much away to say that as of this point, none of the vacant positions have yet been filled (within canon, at least). It's interesting to consider that of all the known elligables, few if any of them are interested in switching positions (Ikkaku and Renji, for example). Of course, who knows how many of the remaining LTs might have hidden bankai. Several of the existing captains haven't even shown off their own Bankai yet.

Thanks! walks away muttering about bloodly stupid Shonen series that take 200 years to get anywhere.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Thanks! walks away muttering about bloodly stupid Shonen series that take 200 years to get anywhere.

The next major story arc is particularly terrible about this. One of the fights ends about 40 episodes after it starts. Granted, the ~20 episode filler arc they stick in the middle of it doesn't help, but the arc is basically a long string of drawn out fights.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed these latest two episodes. But I was wondering who is the leader of the Visoreds? Is it Hiyomi (sp?) or is it Shinji. The reason I'm asking is that Shinji will be interacting with Ichigo and Hiyomi will get fed up and whale the hell out of Shinji and take over dealing with Ichigo. But then after a while, Shinji will put his foot down and take over again. Like in the latest episode when spoiler[Ichigo's hollow came out and it obviously scared the hell out of Hiyomi. Then, Shinji took over and began giving the orders on how to deal with Hollow Ichigo.]

BTW - is it just me or are Aizen's eyes just freaky as all get out?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
I think it was funny in one of the latest episodes they were telling Ichigo to do it as if they are not expecting much, but then the looks on their faces as priceless. I wonder if the reason Ichigo hit Shinji instead instead of any of the others is becase he reminds him of Urahura. The Visorrds are not what I expected as it is.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I enjoyed these latest two episodes. But I was wondering who is the leader of the Visoreds?

I'm inclined to think Shinji, given the combination of him being one of the two most prominent of them and reasons that would be spoilers for you (but you can probably guess). That is, assuming that anyone is the leader. They are all of roughly equal ability as far as I've seen.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I enjoyed these latest two episodes. But I was wondering who is the leader of the Visoreds? Is it Hiyomi (sp?) or is it Shinji.

It's a minor spoiler, I'll put it in a tag, but it's spoiler[Shinji], more or less, although they seem to be a fairly casual organization. This is left pretty ambiguous in the anime for like the next two years or so. . . Wink

The reasons why will be made clear, but it'll take them ####ing forever to get there.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:

The reasons why will be made clear, but it'll take them ####ing forever to get there.

And what else is new?! Wink Laughing

Thanks.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote
Are they finally getting the part of the series where Orihime does something important?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Are they finally getting the part of the series where Orihime does something important?

She's ALWAYS been important. She's kept us watching.

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy...
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
taster of pork wrote:

I believe taster of pork meant something else besides that. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
taster of pork wrote:

Ha ha ha Laughing I meant more along the line of an important role in the story or plot.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
No. The manga is only recently had her be mildly useful, so don't expect the anime to get there for a while. And even that was fairly passive on her part. She's become significantly more of a plot device than a character since the kidnapping. Kind of like Rukia was in Soul Society.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching Ep. 132 - Toushiro, Karin and the Soccer Ball (if I got that correct).

Really good episode. I hope that Toushiro and Karin meet again. Even if she does make comments about how young looking he is.

This certain fits Toushiro:

But, I'm looking forward to seeing the story move on as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 94 of 107