• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
So Ymir isn't dead. Want a cookie Nordhammer? Want me to grovel in apology for an apparent slight against you? I did say I was happy to be proven wrong with this week's episode, but some users here just love to prove their superiority via source material.

She's still at death's door, but her state probably won't matter now that the pair have decided to make their move. As mentioned by others two weeks ago, Reiner is extremely durable for a mere human and now viewers not clued in to the source material understand why. The remark made about the difference between a soldier and a warrior starts to make sense as well.

The way the pair of them put it, it's as if the Titans themselves are split into factions with their separate agendas. How Titans with that much power can be driven from their homeland to act as sleeper agents in human society is interesting in its own way.

This early in the season it's probably safe to say the scouts barely escape with their lives since taking on a pair of infamous Titans together is impossible with the manpower and gear they have. Big fight hinted at in the OP probably needs to wait for a grand finish like the first season.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Mikasa has always been an intriguing character in regards to her character being a blatant yandere variant, everything else is peripheral unless it has something directly to do with Eren and it can be argued that Mikasa's hearing might be the audience view point as she slightly could hear Hange's comments and Reiner's little admission to being titan shifters, in particular THE armored titan.

She waited specifically to hear our Eren's decision, so oddly enough if Eren had decided to join up with Reiner and Bertolt regardless of reason Mikasa would be joining them even if they wanted her to or not, so Eren declines thinking the situation was simply over his head following with Mikasa breaking the distance trying to slay both of the invaders that were responsible for the fall of there former hometown.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Shame the middle school anime spoiled the Colossal titan's identity (the armored one was always obvious), but I do find it funny how offhandedly they revealed themselves via some dialogue in the background.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Shame the middle school anime spoiled the Colossal titan's identity (the armored one was always obvious), but I do find it funny how offhandedly they revealed themselves via some dialogue in the background.

Yep, I was mighty pissed about it when the school spinoff anime spoiled it by not only having Annie have a mask of her titan form, but both Reiner and Bertholdt had masks of their forms, as two of the most infamous characters in the show, the Armoured titan and the Colossal titan. Although when I saw a hint to the first I though to myself that it was kind of always in the back of my mind due to their hair having a reasonable similarity. Bertholdt was just really tall, his staying around Reiner should have pointed to him.

Well they have kind of proved to be pieces of crap that they know and actively want to continue to destroy humanity. It was an interesting way to do the episode in having Reiner just straight out saying it and not even Eren who would be the only one hearing it barely reacting, and then to go back and show that everyone already suspects it and are trying to act cool to lead them into a trap.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 am Reply with quote
Not going to lie, the revelation and the transformation scene at the end of episode 6 is the most epic scene I've seen this year so far. The exeuction, music, and chereography was just perfect. It had a feel of emotions too when Eren was reminising about the good times he shared with his former friends.

Only small complaint I had was with the CGI but beyond that, it was a perfect episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnneAlmgren

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the entire anime in 2 days and... I'm speechless
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 32.

spoiler[Best episode of the second season so far!
Notice that Eren calls out Reiner and Bert on allowing the Titans to enter the walls yet he doesn't say anything bad to Annie and even uses her moves against the Armored Titan.
lol at Hange finally getting noticed by a Titan.
And that cliffhanger!
10 out of 10!]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Most exciting episode to date, what with the wrestling match between two titans. The armoured titan certainly deserves his moniker since Eren pulls out all the stops and uses just about everything he learnt at cadet school and especially from Annie. The one thing I noticed he didn't use was that fire enchantment he used previously to break Annie's trump card (the ice barrier), probably because being Eren he's normally out of control when he's in Titan form. Then again with that armour the fire fists might not have helped much.

Despite putting on a good show against the armoured Titan, everyone forgot that it was always a 2 vs 1 match with the colossal titan only showing his hand when called upon. It looks like he was holding back when Eren first met him after graduating since his air blast is capable of scalding unlucky ODM-equipped soldiers.

Based on next week's trailer, it looks like Eren would have won given a few more seconds but the colossal titan's great dive looks to have sealed it for the traitors.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I think a sound design choice that was missed is that the colossal titan should be making SOME sort of constant noise as it is endlessly venting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7 (Episode 32)

This felt like one of, if not the most exciting episodes of Attack on Titan. Although I actually think it a bit silly that Mikasa was specifically targeting the armoured plates. I was kind of seeing ahead of time he was getting into position to have the Colossal Titan do something. It did have me at the edge of my seat, really good episode.

The funniest part has to be exhilaration Hanji had at finally talking with a titan (Eren in titan form).
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:54 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The funniest part has to be exhilaration Hanji had at finally talking with a titan (Eren in titan form).

It did seem that Mikasa was eying her a little darkly after that. Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

Great action sequences and battle so far between Eren and the Armored Titan. I like how it also goes into the little details of revealing more of days when Eren was trainng. Only slight disappointment I had with that is they didn't show the end result of the fight between Mikasa and Annie.

At this point, I got used to the Colossal Titan CGI (it's not even that bad imo). What a cliffhanger!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Yep, another nail-biting episode. We never found out the identity of the scout that got swallowed with Ymir, correct? That wasn't just me being an inattentive viewer?

I am curious as to why Reiner and Bertholdt have been undercover for so long and why they decided to suddenly reveal their true identities at this particular moment. The decision didn't seem to be part of some cogent plan but rather, "screw this, let's go Titan."
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
We never found out the identity of the scout that got swallowed with Ymir, correct? That wasn't just me being an inattentive viewer?
Nope, it hasn't been revealed yet. I can't even recall if the manga ever revealed it at all...

Blood- wrote:
I am curious as to why Reiner and Bertholdt have been undercover for so long and why they decided to suddenly reveal their true identities at this particular moment. The decision didn't seem to be part of some cogent plan but rather, "screw this, let's go Titan."
It's a combination of two factors: the fact that they and Eren were at Wall Rose, i.e. right next to titan-controlled territory, and the fact that the two of them were very shaken by the events at the tower. The former means it's easier to take Eren and transport him, as they wouldn't have to travel through human-controlled territory - note that Annie made her attempt at kidnapping Eren when he and the crew were at an expedition outside Wall Rose. The difference this time is that they didn't really come up with any sort of plan, but that's where the second factor comes in. They've just very narrowly escaped death (at the hands of their own side, no less!), plus they found out that the titan who had killed their friend was right beside them the whole time and they have no idea where its true loyalties lie. It's understandable that they would be a little on edge (even without knowing the fate of Annie and the fact that the higher-ups are on to them!) and would want to grasp at the first opportunity to complete their mission as soon as possible. Either the next episode or the one after it should make it extra clear why it was specifically Reiner who came up with such a ridiculous way of going about doing that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
@ vonPeterhof - that all makes sense. I am really hoping we get some more clarity on the Titan agenda before the end of the cours.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 92 of 107