• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 6:
Pacing had improved a little in this episode. So Tatara had lots of hobbies (singing, bonsai, film) and was very close to the Homura gang but got into trouble often which lead to his death; I say the the flashbacks did an okay job making him likable.

Looks like spoiler[Yoshiro was an "illusion" created by the new Colorless King.] Question is: Why? And how will this affect the other Kings of the city? Also, I wonder why Neko spoiler[hates telephones] so much? And, nice to hear Kuroh calling him Shiro~
Next episode will bring some action between Kuroh and the Blue King.

Off-topic: Not only does she look pretty with her down, butspoiler[ I think Seri has been wearing a technologically advanced miracle bra from the beginning.] If you don't believe me, compare this pic with the others.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Also, I wonder why Neko spoiler[hates telephones] so much?
Probably simply from the fact that it spoiler[allows comunication outside of the area of effect that has people "remember" that Shiro exists, thereby ruining the illusion].

Did anyone else notice the King Records bilboards, that is one way to do advertisments.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Probably simply from the fact that it spoiler[allows communication outside of the area of effect that has people "remember" that Shiro exists, thereby ruining the illusion].

The sad part is that I came to that same conclusion an hour or so after I had watched the episode. I'm usually so good at figuring out the obvious! >////<

Quote:
Did anyone else notice the King Records billboards, that is one way to do advertisements.

That and the Animate logo inside the stadium.
Well, at least we know where the money for the animation came from. Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did anyone else notice the King Records bilboards, that is one way to do advertisments.

I noticed the angela sign first.

Anyways, pretty good episode. Sheds light on why HOMRA want to get Shiro so much and builds on the mystery of Shiro's identity. Interesting stuff.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Still feels like all style and very little substance. On the plus side, the "we hate yaoi" crowd over on MAL are going ballistic over this episode for some reason.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
For "some reason," eh? Laughing

But yeah, while watching it there were a few points where I thought "the Kuro/Shiro fans must be loving this."
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Also, I wonder why Neko spoiler[hates telephones] so much?
Probably simply from the fact that it spoiler[allows comunication outside of the area of effect that has people "remember" that Shiro exists, thereby ruining the illusion].

So, I guess it's her doing all along?

My theory is spoiler[Shiro is actually Totsuka in mind. Neko helps covering for him because Totsuka helped her in the past.]
But my theory is completely unreasonable haha, I couldn't think something better to explain my theory.

I like the flashbacks in this episode. You can actually see Fushimi in Homra back then.

And, next episode there will be a lot of running spoiler[with a naked young girl]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
So Totsuka is the one Shiro shot.
Flashbacks to the past were interesting.
This episode seems to be revolving around the red king.
Him reaching his limits, but also about his better side and his loss.
Shiro is still a mystery...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Ep. 6:

Off-topic: Not only does she look pretty with her down, butspoiler[ I think Seri has been wearing a technologically advanced miracle bra from the beginning.] If you don't believe me, compare this pic with the others.

Yeah I was wondering why her chest looked normal in casual clothes, but looks fake in work clothes lol.

The ending song by Totsuka's VA was a nice song.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
certainly wasn't expecting everything to suddenly get serious. i thought the guy in the hospital bed was Shiro at first.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

spoiler[Shiro & Kuroh running around.
Guess it's unavoidable after all.
Didn't think Kuroh would stand up for Shiro.
Seems like he trusts him enough to do so.
Kuroh vs Blue king. That was pretty one sided.
Neko - Shiro history was nice to watch.
That cat has some interesting powers.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
So part of the truth has been revealed and the plot continues moving forward. This series isn't just all visuals, there is a story to be found here.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
so, i guess being in line to be the next colorless king has its advantages. such as spoiler[surviving being pushed off a blimp at an unknown attitude and crashing through the roof of a ridiculously large high school gym storage building].
born2die

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
(Izumo Kusanag)At first I was annoyed at the Shizuo looking bastard. That even works at a pub and wears the same thing, and don't even get me started on the cigarette. Like, what the fudge.

(Anna Kushina) Then there is the little girl that doesn't have emotions reminded me of Yin from DTB.

(Special Task Force Unit) For a second when I glimpsed upon them I thought I was watching FMA.

Even the repetitive music started getting to me.

BUT.

I kept watching and realized I could make my brain differentiate all these characters somehow from what the seemed to be. If that makes any sense.

spoiler[Storyline was surprisingly good. This "King" thing, futuristic settings and each character had great personalities.

Main character being a mystery (good or evil?) "Colorless" king.
With the whole "faded memory" was interesting enough.

I like how they put in Mikoto the red king, with those limits and back story with Tatara Totsuka, actually got to me when he got shot later on after hearing the whole story.

Making the main character a protagonist for once is almost genius. I was getting sick of innocence ya know? haha.

Also adding the cute Neko to the mix, I think I almost died.

I would have to say my fave would be Misaki Yata for now, he makes things interesting.]
[/spoiler]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Shiro seems to be getting bits and pieces of his memory back.
The blue guys still looking for him..
Shiro really had them running around ^^
That guy in the air ship really was weird..
Wonder what's his deal.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 16