• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 2009 Anime Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quote
are u sure...bcoz i read somewhere that its the ending.....
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:54 am Reply with quote
confirmed....
the BGM is 'Uso" Ending for the FMA series 2

sounds nice
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quote
From the looks of it Isaac will most likely only appear in the first episode or two, and will basically just setup Ed and Al meeting Mustang or something like that to setup the basic characters before flashbacking and doing what needs to be done.

Also thats clearly the ending, as the opening hasn't be annpounced yet.
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quote
opening is going to be announced in the new edition of shonen gangan...2-3 days to go..thats all.....along with poster too...
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
One of the things I really liked about the opening was the fact that it had Al's hair as gold.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote
What's the big deal about Al's hair? It was golden in the first series, too, just a slightly different shade than Ed's. I will admit, though, that my initial fears about the new art style seem to be slipping away. I still prefer the first series', but I like the fluidity of the animation and the art looks like it's meant for that type of movement. I just wish they would stop teasing us with such common scenes. I want to see Father and the homonuculi in a commercial.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote
@penguintruth-- yeah ur right man....I've had enuf of these kind of trailers,,,y dont they come up with an action packed one...and for god sake ,,,cant these people cross 15 seconds huh....
i kinda liked what i heard of the Ending Theme......
crow-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
What's the big deal about Al's hair? It was golden in the first series, too, just a slightly different shade than Ed's.
Not really. I was pretty much light brown.

Compared to say...this

I was probably done to put more emphasis on Ed's...uh uniqueness?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I didin't even notice Al's hair color on the manga cover. I'm just starting the manga so I'll have plenty of time to catch up before the second series hits the States. I suppose Bones is going to see the fan reaction of the Japanese audience before they decide on licensing here in the U.S., I hope Funimation gets it, I want Vic Mignogna back.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
crow-kun wrote:
Not really. I was pretty much light brown.

Not brown, different shade of gold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Cool new trailer, even if it is full of rather basic scenes. Still don't know what to think about this Isaac character. Doubt he'll last too long, though. I just hope he spices up the beginning well enough.

I actually prefer Al's hair the golden brown color, rather than the exact same shade as Ed's. It suits him more, I think, makes him look more sensible, which, of course, he is. And that picture really isn't the best example, to be fair. It's really not that radical a difference. Al's hair still has a golden hue to it. And Trisha did have brown hair, so it's not like it's completely impossible for him to have slightly darker hair anyways. I dunno, seems like a silly thing to get worried about to me. All signs point to Al getting more spotlight this time around, and that's what's important to me.

Last edited by RhymesWithEmpty on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it’s ‘cause I saw the anime first, and haven’t even come close to finishing the manga (only on book 6), but I also think Al’s hair looks better in a darker shade of brown. It just looks kinda odd being the same color as Ed’s.
Tsuppi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
But... his hair IS darker... if you look at the bros. when they're at the transmutation circle, anyway.

Can't-- wait-- any longer!! Shocked The one image fr. Newtype, with the philosopher's stone... beautiful! (not so beautiful--those big eyes on Envy spoiler[reminiscent of when he turns into that weird fetal form after Marcoh beats him]! creepy. but fitting.) I love how they light everything.... That smog can be eerie. I am happy they seem to portray Industrial-Revolution Europe well; it was an inspiration of Arakawa's for the manga.

Oh, and the voice actors? Will reserve judgment till we see them in action. Very Happy
CorbeauKarasu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i guess if they adapt father, homunculi, ling and all the happenings properly, an extra character doesn't make too much difference...hopefully he's not major...
cnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
hey even if isaac turns out to be major for the first few episodes,,it wont make a difference ..its kinda good that we have another character ...and kinda liked the new artwork and animation a lot..its got that soft and fluid look which will seriously make the anime look good...(cant wait to watch action and fight scenes )...now i see that colour tracing also makes sense...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 13