• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
That is correct.

By the way, I recall her having a different name in the manga (or was not given a name), but I cannot find it at the moment. Do you know?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I got it from my own volume of the manga, so if the name on the anime is different I'm not aware of it
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
By the way, I recall her having a different name in the manga (or was not given a name),

Both the Tokyopop and Dark Horse translations of the manga call her spoiler[Yumi], but the name is not revealed until the very end of the story about her.
The name is significant and a bit of a spoiler.

I also recognized that scene and knew what was happening but I was too lazy to find it on my DVD to see exactly what she was saying at that time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
No takers? Well then...

sub
Keen minds, beautiful looks, an excellent bloodline, status that makes all subservient to us, and our Armagus... Have we not already inherited everything there is to inherit from our parents?
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The hammer imouto is blushing and practically swooning by the second phrase. The sickle imouto is less than amused.]

Hint #2: spoiler[This marks the point of divergent characterization for the speaker's 2 sisters, with the older of the twin/triple becoming diffidently resistant and the younger retaining her previously arrogant compliance.]
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Is this Maxim Balakirev talking to Azuma Kazuki concerning how he sees the relationship to his parents in opposition to Azuma in Bubuki Buranki?]
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but that's incorrect.

Hint #3: spoiler[In this first cour of this CGI series, the speaker attempts to drop a floating continent onto Mother Russian.]

Hint #4: spoiler[In this scene, the speaker had just finished announcing his evil plan to his sisters while their 5 member team absconds with a number of hearts critical to controlling this TV series' titular transformers.]
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Time is well past up on Raftina's quote so the field is now open.

Raftina, would you please post the answer? I'm curious to see what this was since it didn't ring any bells at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
This is in fact spoiler[Maxim Balakirev from Bubuki Buranki], but spoiler[he is explaining to his sisters why he is fine with dropping Treasure Island on Russia when their parents are there. Azuma is not in this scene.]
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Damn, so close. I took the hammer and sickle to associate the character was Russian and guessed from there.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Field has now been open for more than 36 hours, so to get the ball rolling again I'll take the unusual (for me) step of posting an open quote.

From the subs, and I expect this will go pretty fast if anyone playing has actually watched this title:

Character A: “I want to be ordinary. To make that happen. . ."
Character B: “Damn!”
Character A: “I guess I’ll have to be pretty special!”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[From episode 10 of Matoi the Sacred Slayer. Matoi (A) is fighting Ludos (B) and she just made up her mind to follow in her mother's footsteps and close the door to the highest dimension.]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Correct! IMO one of the highlight scenes of one of the season's most underrated series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Sub:

Character A: Shut up! After all I've done for you, you screw me at the very end! You'll pay for that!

Character B: Oh yeah? *Punches A* That was my way of saying thanks.

Character A: Thanks?

Character B: Yeah. when I was on the wrong path as a kid, you led me back to the straight and narrow. So this is my way of... *Bows to A*

Character A: Thanking me, huh?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[B grew up to be a cop while A became a corrupt politician.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 71 of 101