• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to Submit Series Relations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

tiredgamer wrote:
.hack//G.U. Returner is related to .hack//Roots which may make it a sequel to .hack//G.U. Trilogy though that is up to the editors.

Could you explain it a bit further?

.hack//G.U. Returner (OAV) is Related To .hack//Roots (TV). It is not a sequel in the proper sense, but it is in the same narrative & was produced by the same people as the TV series.

.hack//G.U. Trilogy is Related To .hack//Roots (TV) & .hack//G.U. Returner (OAV) but is a new adaptation of the games & does not belong in the narrative sequence.

.hack//G.U.+ is a manga adaptation of the games and is Related To .hack//Roots (TV), and .hack//Link is a Sequel. Furthermore .hack//Alcor is Related To .hack//G.U.+ as a side-story.

Edited for brevity and understanding.

Last edited by TiredGamer on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Kyou no Go no Ni (OAV 2009)
belongs to
Kyo no Gononi (manga) as a new "Adaptation"
and
Kyo no Gononi (OAV) & Kyo no Gononi (TV) as "Related to".

I have no idea if "Kyou no Go no Ni" or "Kyo no Gononi" or "Kyo no Go no Ni" is the proper title, but that might be why the new OAV got separated from its brethren.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
tiredgamer wrote:
I have no idea if "Kyou no Go no Ni" or "Kyo no Gononi" or "Kyo no Go no Ni" is the proper title, but that might be why the new OAV got separated from its brethren.

The official title is Kyo no Gononi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:36 am Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote
tiredgamer wrote:

Done. Geez, those anime titles with <1000 entry numbers... and as I expected, the manga had been published in Taiwan. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Leina: Wolf Sword Legend and Lightning Trap - Leina & Laika and both spinoffs of Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos (or perhaps Lightning Trap should be listed as a spinoff of Wolf Sword Legend). I don't know where I could find an official source for that, but both the English Wikipedia article and the anidb entry for Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos list them as related. Also, Shutsugeki! Machine Robo Rescue probably should have some link to the other Machine Robo series. I don't think the plot is related (but I haven't seen it), but just based on the same toy line.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Leina: Wolf Sword Legend and Lightning Trap - Leina & Laika and both spinoffs of Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos (or perhaps Lightning Trap should be listed as a spinoff of Wolf Sword Legend). I don't know where I could find an official source for that, but both the English Wikipedia article and the anidb entry for Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos list them as related. Also, Shutsugeki! Machine Robo Rescue probably should have some link to the other Machine Robo series. I don't think the plot is related (but I haven't seen it), but just based on the same toy line.

I assume this wasn't acted on because I didn't have a good enough source for the information. I've now found the official website for the company that made these anime, which lists them as related: http://pro-reed.com/works/tv_series/w012a.html. Also, the allcinema.net pages for these anime list them as related: http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_c.php?num_c=88692, http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_c.php?num_c=88580.
Quantumbunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Majutsu no Index

I'm not sure how to call them related. None of the normal terms work. It isn't sequel/prequel, it isn't a retelling, or composed of, or anything... It's like a spinoff, but... not.

As per the thread I started not knowing about this thread... They are related in a significant, but unusual fashion.

Different story in the same universe (same setting, town, etc) with some character overlap is as close as I can come to a valid description.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The Railgun anime is adapted from the Railgun manga which is (correctly IMO) listed as a spinoff of the Index manga (more correctly the original novels, but we don't list those). You can see the whole tree at Toaru Majutsu no Index (manga).
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Trigun (TV) should probably be related to Trigun: Badlands Rumble in some way, but I haven't seen the movie. Anybody have any ideas?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
The movie is a side-story. It takes place during the series.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
The movie is a side-story. It takes place during the series.

Done, thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 26