• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fav. Game

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Hello, What would your favort video game? apply all that matter, or if yo cant make up your mind/ Surprised

Mine are
Lupin The 3rd
.Hack//
Final Fantasy
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Video games are an iffy thing...since the ones you listed apply to anime, I'm letting it go. I will say that I wish that you had included reasons as to why you like them. List threads are kinda boring...
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quote
Genso Suikodens 1 and 2. Wow, I love those games. I also like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, the Onimusha series, the Dynasty Warrior series, Madden, Mega Man X, Tetris, and a whole bunch of others. I don't really play them anymore in general, but if I were to do so, those games I just listed would be my top choices. Wink
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:40 am Reply with quote
Hum, I love most of the Final Fantasy titles, but since it's not completly anime, I'm not gonna specify too many things. But for example, Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders II are quite good, and they really look like anime. It's as if you we're playing in your own anime. Also, I like the story and...Kyep, I'm not good at this. Haha, I wouldn't be a game reviewer...By the way, did anyone play the Arc the Lad videogame? If someone doesn't know it, the anime cames from the videogame...
Illumina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:08 am Reply with quote
Xenogears

Its basically a evangelion-ish story, and rahxephon-ish character interaction. Very deep and confusing. Just how i like it.
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:46 am Reply with quote
Xenosaga, and .hack//infection would have to be my favorite titles.

Xenosaga had it all for me, great music, beautiful graphics, and a compelling story. I am eagerly anticipating the next release.

I'm was a big fan of the .hack//sign series so being able to immerse myself in "The World" was great. The story for the game is at least as complex as the original series, and the fact that the game came with an anime dvd was a nice bonus Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
The 2nd epo. comes out in like a few weeks or in the next 3/4 months.
triggerw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy Series - Personal Fav. FF2 (US)/ FF4 (Japanese), a good and amazing story, many surprises

Lufia 1 - Future/Past Collision, just amazing

All MGS (metal gear solid) - the only real TEA game, tactical espionage action/stealth

Half-Life - all time fav. shooter, gameplay, story, graphics, Amazing
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Triggerw wrote:
Half-Life - all time favorite. shooter, gameplay, story, graphics, Amazing

Haha! I'm still making fun of the new Half-Life version Valve planned to do, but they notice that new CT's would have a shield which, if two CT's put next to them showing their shields, it was impossible to shot them, xD.

However, this is gonna moving to a too much OT thread, so let's continue with the anime video games^^. I recall, did anyone play Zone of the Enders??
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Right now, I'm into a really big Melty Blood phase. My friend owns it, and I really wanna import it badly. I absolutely love fighting games (with the exceptions of the overly gory ones), and would love to get my hands on some Melty Blood. =P

Tales of Symphonia recently stole 84 hours of my life, almost straight. I couldn't stop until I finished it. Man. Fun.

I'm a sucker for 2-d games or side scrolling games, especially fighters or beat-em-ups. Viewtiful Joe is pure joy to play.

I don't really have a "favorite game", as that would narrow down my enjoyment wayyy too much. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
aaaahhhhh, cant for get blood. Like in Metal Gear Solid 2: The Big Shell.
roboticservo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Resident Evil...Great games, strong plot... The movies don't do then justice at all.

Matt
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I love all the old-school squaresoft RPGs, and Lunar on Sega CD. I also like madden.
Anybody played CS:Source beta yet? They've only got dust, but it's so sweet, it has totaly pushed madden '05 out of the way now.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote
My favorite game, or better yet series, has always be the Street Fighter series. Every single game associated with the characters of Street Fighter I buy. I've been a hardcore fan of Street Fighter since it was released on the Sega Genesis for the first time. No one had ever seen anything like it. It was one of the great fighting games to hit America. I have enjoyed the series, from the first Street Fighter to the new Street Fighter Games. Street Fighter Alpha 3 had the most features a Street Fighter game had ever seen...The EX series was a bit easier but was still a good item to have in your collection. So basically, the Street Fighter games are my favorite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Animefan16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5