• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
J rock/pop bands you would love to see in the US

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
So what are some bands you would love to see do a show in the US in the near future?
Adirondackanimefreak025

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
I would love to see T.M Revolution, Megumi Hayashibara, Boa and the ever lovely Jpop princess, Ayumi Hamasaki.
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Buck-Tick but only if they play in Toronto (so no US since I'm not from the US).
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I may have said this before, but I'd really love to see the STANCE PUNKS in concert. I'd bring up Boom Boom Satellites and The Pillows, but they've actually preformed in the US to the best of my knowledge, though I wasn't fortunate enough to see either group.
crunchycat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
recently i've been so hooked on Durarara i listened to Rookie'z is punk'd and loved complication, went back and found one of their CDs at my Japanese used bookstore and man I would love to see these guys live
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote
They did the song "Complication" from that series, correct?
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
Hey well my wish for a cool Japanese rock group to come to the mid-west is coming true. The amazingly talented, and quite popular, Japanese indie band Ogre You A**hole (just put the Ss where they belong) is going to be playing in Lawrence, Kansas with the Wolf Parade. I love both of these bands, I love to see that they are coming to my area.

I never thought I'd see an indie japanese band get to play in the US but I've been happily surprised. I hope this opens the flood gates for other cool indie bands like Mass of the Fermenting Dregs and Mouse of the Keys to jump the ocean and make a debut in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm Royally thrilled that I saw someone say Buck-Tick!
They are such an excellent band, and deserve much more recognition.

They have what most Japanese don't have. "Experience, and Skill"

Buck-tick has been around since the 1980s and is still going strong getting on Top 10 List.

Every Anime Opening and Ending song they have always fits perfectly with their corresponding animes, and they always end up being my favorites.

Nightwalker (TV) : Theme Song Performance (OP)
Shiki (TV) : Theme Song Performance (OP)
Trinity Blood (TV) : Theme Song Arrangement (OP), Theme Song Performance
XXXHOLiC (TV) : Theme Song Arrangement (ED2), Theme Song Performance (ED2)

They have only done 4 animes, but to me these themes are a few of the most memorable out of all 178 animes I have seen.

I really really want to see Buck-Tick do an American tour. Even if its only at a couple Cons like L'Arc En Ciel did.
I think Buck-tick hasn't done it though because I want to maintain their dignity instead of sell out like other bands.

Last edited by Aoi_Sakaraba on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
coreye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Does.
I am suprised to the fact that they haven't been here already. Great sounding band that I hope a western band will pick up and support.
Diseasedfoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
hmm....I would say X Japan, Mono, Envy, and the Pillows are some japanese bands I would agree to see in heartbeat.

That's pretty much it though
crunchycat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
Diseasedfoe wrote:
hmm....I would say X Japan, Mono, Envy, and the Pillows are some japanese bands I would agree to see in heartbeat.

That's pretty much it though

Well apparently X japan is going to be touring after they release their next cd in summer so that part you are in luck with.

I was so sad I missed the pillows concert last year made me sad, but hopefully we get some great bands this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1