• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What was with that last episode of Bleach?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobaixu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote
I have tried to find some way to contact the makers of the anime bleach to tell them just how disgusted i am, but i can't find a contact anywhere, so i'm posting here...
Seriously, i've seen some crap in my day, but that took the cake..
Not only am i already incredibly annoyed with how long they've trailed out the main plot with pointless filler arcs, but now, just when they leave us hanging on the main scene we've all been dying for almost a year now for them to finally get to, they turn around and give us this horse-crap? I felt like strangling the dude at the end when he said this episode was in celebration of the 200'th ep..
In the words of Hunter Thomson, "Finish! the F@cking Story!!!"
Then make all the stupid ass alternate universe arcs to your hearts content... but stringing people along forever with no closure is cruel..
And no, i will not have a sense of humor.. i hate silly childish "comedy" animes.. they're gay... I like serious shit.. that's why i liked bleach at first... but now, sorry to say it's crap... utter worthless trash...
To be honest it's almost as bad as how Terry Goodkind ended The Sword of Truth Series...
It's just too frustrating having to watch episode after episode of utter trash waiting for them to get on with the story...
Honestly, after watching this episode, i'm so annoyed i don't think I'll ever watch bleach again...
Anyway...
Sorry for the rant.. just had to get that off my chest Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:49 am Reply with quote
Which episode are you referring to? The latest episode that was broadcast on Adult Swim, or the latest episode that aired in Japan?

A lot of what is wrong in Bleach is actually the fault of the Manga-ka. Everyone expects filler arcs to be awful, or at least sub-par. But when the canon material is just as bad as (and occasionally worse than) the god-awful filler then you know something's seriously wrong.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote
You think as a fan of Bleach or any long running shonen anime that you'd be used to this by now. I mean your expectations should have been pretty low if you saw the title of the episode, Side Story! Ichigo and the Magic Lamp, assuming you're talking about the anime.

To prevent yourself some headaches you can always take a look at ANN's bleach encyc and see the future bleach episode titles. Usually you can tell if they are filler or not (not always the case). Looks like that one side story was just one interruption to rest of the good stuff.

Honestly at least with a filler episode you know what you're getting.. it's depressing though when they add cheap tricks into the cannon material/only show 15 minutes per episode.

In the future you're also probably better off using the forum discussions for specific shows.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

A lot of what is wrong in Bleach is actually the fault of the editors for telling the Manga-ka to extend the story beyond what it was originally planned.

Also, the fanbase, for putting up with this crap and not giving up on the series.
free2slap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
People actually still watch this show?! That's amazing!! All of those episodes continuously following the same arrangement of ideas to keep their storyline. How could anyone not find it annoying.
glargmonster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

A lot of what is wrong in Bleach is actually the fault of the editors for telling the Manga-ka to extend the story beyond what it was originally planned.

Also, the fanbase, for putting up with this crap and not giving up on the series.

Maybe someday they will do a Bleach "Kai" a few years down the road and then we will all remember how Bleach really isn't all that bad...
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
You guys gotta remember that Bleach extends beyond the general otaku circle. And man, do a good number of people love those long fight scenes. My non-otaku friends are always a reminder that alot of people like all the fighting and conflict. I kind of wish I still had the same level of enthusiasm they still have for it. But I still got 25% so I'm still sticking with it. Mainly the manga since I find that easier to digest. Yes, please end the freakin arc already, but I'm still entertained by it all. But dear God, please no more power-ups or dramatic "one uppings"! At least the manga is starting to bring back the other cast members. Maybe we'll actually see Ichigo's family again by the end of this year! At the least Tito has to knock it off with the layers and layers of unexplained subplots and backstories. I'm an otaku so I can keep up for the most part but man... still too much and a wee bit annoying.

I'm not even gonna talk about the last episode cause really, What's to talk about? Pointless filler. Check. Move on.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
glargmonster wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

Maybe someday they will do a Bleach "Kai" a few years down the road and then we will all remember how Bleach really isn't all that bad...

A Bleach Kai would still be a less-fillery version of the manga right?

That's still not that great.
Skylark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't see how bleach fits a negative mould any worse than shows such as dragon ball z, naruto, one piece etc - all those continuing to the extreme series with more episodes than anyone can be screwed watching from start to finish. I remember when I picked up Bleach at the beginning - I had high hopes because the production looked awesome - slick, smooth animation with interesting characters and good designs, a good premise for the plot, etc. You don't realise how badly animation quality has degraded unless you match up the recent episodes then go back and watch episode 1, the difference is quite appalling. I say to anyone who watches this series, if you want to get the most out of it, watch it up to spoiler[the episode where Rukia is saved from Soul Society], skipping the one-episode filler things, and pretend that the new improved Ichigo v1.01 spoiler[kicked the shit out of Aizen (considering he blocked that execution reaper, which was supposed to be something ridiculously strong like the power of 1000 zanpakutou, not being able to beat Aizen straight after this is a complete joke)] and then don't watch anymore. If you take that for what it is the series is fine. I read the manga past that point but even the manga is trollishly slow. There are people who love this kind of series but it just isn't for everyone.

I have to agree though, if you've watched Bleach to here you should be used to having your expectations crushed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
I don't see how bleach fits a negative mould any worse than shows such as dragon ball z, naruto, one piece etc - all those continuing to the extreme series with more episodes than anyone can be screwed watching from start to finish.

Blasphemy!! How dare you put One Piece in the same light as those series! lol I have found One Piece to be consistently entertaining. The fillers are usually funny and best of all short. The only problem I have might be the pacing since things get slightly drawn out when you’re reaching the climax of an arc. Other than that, One Piece is one of the only anime series that can strike ever emotion from sadness to laughing till you get teary eyed. It’s simply fantastic, but I can see how I might not be for everyone.

As for Bleach, the best thing to do is too skip out on all the fillers which can get really annoying. As soon as the Bount arc started, I put the show on hold and waited till the main story started back up again to tone back in to the Adult Swim broadcast. I just use those filler arc breaks to watch other anime series. lol
Guardsman Bass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
I don't see how bleach fits a negative mould any worse than shows such as dragon ball z, naruto, one piece etc - all those continuing to the extreme series with more episodes than anyone can be screwed watching from start to finish.

I disagree (except with the DBZ comparison, where it's very apt). Say what you will about Naruto and One Piece, but at least they still have some character and plot development once in a while. They swing back and forth in terms of quality.

Bleach, on the other hand, hit the Hueco Mundo Arc, took a dive in quality, and has never truly surfaced again. It was just appallingly awful to read through after that point, and only the fact that I'm a diehard "I want to see how it ends" completionist keeps me glancing at the latest chapter/episode (that, and I want to see the few moments of Kenpachi awesome-ness).
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
As for Bleach, the best thing to do is too skip out on all the fillers which can get really annoying. As soon as the Bount arc started, I put the show on hold and waited till the main story started back up again to tone back in to the Adult Swim broadcast. I just use those filler arc breaks to watch other anime series. lol

There's little point in doing that when the canon material is horrid as well. You might as well just drop Bleach entirely if you want to make a point about avoiding bad Anime.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
Also, countless plot holes and nonsensical twists aside, Bleach suffers alone just for having one of the biggest Villain Sues of all time. If one didn't know any better, one could assume "Bleach" is a fan-fic of another original work and Aizen is a fanfic-original character inserted in that the fanfic author is overly obsessed with. Naruto and One Piece definitely do not suffer in that category.

In fact, rarely does One Piece drop in quality (and it jumps back up so quickly it's not even worth complaining about), and Naruto I think has more ups than downs (and the last 15 or so chapters have been continuous awesome one after the other).
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
See, I still don't get the apparent super hate the series gets though. Yes, the fight has dragged on for over what... 2 years? But if crazy fights with swords is what you want then whats wrong? They're in the middle of a fight so can you really expect a alot of non-battle related character development? Outside of the really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY long fight going on; Tito's story telling structure is pretty much the same. Jokes and character development often reserved in between fights; layering of foreshadows and deeper backstory on top of the current plot; issues being resolved or back story revealed in between battle sequences or their aftermath; etc. It's just supper unbalanced now because of the dragged out fight. Yeah, you can hate it for dragging things out or whatever, but it's still the same series as it was in the eariler part of the series. Now if everything just kinda ends or of Tito decides to resolve every non-battle related thing without the same attention he's putting/overdoing/wasting on the fights; then yeah, then I'll hate the series. I liked the series for everything it offered, not just the fights.

Yes, Naruto and One Piece do a way better job with balancing things out and not introducing or leaving so many things to up in the air to be resolved. But Bleach is obviously more like DBZ (okay, worst then DBZ) with its stretching out of fights and battles and its stretching out of plotlines and twist overall. Just deeper which also translate into being longer or not as easily resolved compared to DBZ. I just can't help but think it's more of an issue of that the series is still ONGOING so we don't know when it'll end or when something gets resolved. As opposed to DB/DBZ where its all over and we know where things end.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Yeah, you can hate it for dragging things out or whatever, but it's still the same series as it was in the eariler part of the series.

No, it isn't. Not even close. In the establishing arc and Rescue/SS arc,

A) Aizen was not super-overpowered (okay, he was, but we didn't really know at that point)

B) all battles weren't resolved with "haha, it was all an illusion!" or "fool, I've unlocked another new form, prepare to meet thy doom!" like Aizen does

C) the insanely stupid plot twists (spoiler[Yammy being #0, Ichigo's hollow-form being able to revive him from an obvious death with no explainable reason, and various other BS]) were not present

D) there was more of a plot, or at least one that made sense as opposed to "gee Kubo, you CLEARLY didn't just pull this out of your head last week *COUGH*"

E) the main characters, besides Ichigo, were still fairly relevant

Bleach has had plenty of problems these past few years. Heck, dragging things out? If anything, Kubo should slow down, spoiler[the Espada were wiped out way too easily by the end and felt like they had achieved nothin significant, and now the final fight between Ichigo and Aizen has begun, and I've realized I don't even care. There's nothing emotional about this fight at all. I don't feel invested in it at all. Naruto vs. Madara? Definitely going to be invested there. Luffy vs. Bleachbeard? Even more so. Ichigo vs. Aizen? Meh.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2