• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VocaloGenesis is amazing

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
I purchased this CD, being the Hatsune Miku fan I am, at Kinokuniya Bookstore when visiting LA for AX. I was dismayed when I couldn't find any Vocaloid CDs for sale in the Exhibit Hall (still haven't quite figured out why), but was happy when I saw a nice selection of Vocaloid CDs at the bookstore. When I was there I wasn't sure which one it was that set the record for being the first Vocaloid CD to top the charts, but decided to buy VocaloGenesis because it had some extras with it and was only 2,000 yen ($27 after tax).

Lo and behold this very album is the one that made history as being the first Vocaloid CD to reach #1 on Oricon's weekly CD album charts back in May. And it well deserves that achievement, it is truly a fantastic collection of songs from 6 of the popular Vocaloid stars; Miku, Luka, Rin & Len and Meiko & Kaito.

The CD has upbeat rock songs like #3 "Iroha Uta" and #7 "Ike Lenka" a wonderful group ballad #18 "Genesis" and your standard fare of Miku dance songs sure to please any Miku fan such as myself. Plus interestingly there are a couple of traditional sounding songs such as #8 "Tsugai Kogarashi" that really added to the diversity of the album.
ace-of-roses

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
i really like tsugai kogarashi, meiko's voice really did sound great. and of course, being the kaito fan i am, i have nothing to hate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1