• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Top Ten...For Now: Anime Legos

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Those are actually really cool.

But now I want to play with Logos again. Anime hyper Curse it.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I really want the building steps for a couple of these
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
I was hoping they'd include the Lego reenactment of the opening "Grain" from Monster, but some of these are pretty cool.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote
I liked the One Piece one... The Luffy and Zoro ones were good... Sanji was too easy though.

Oh... is anyone else reminded of Rod Blagojevich? Wink
newave999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote
wow.. that Yamato looks almost as good as the crazy expensive toy version i bought.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, I would love to have that bike and that ship

Rant about legos in spoiler (if you like legos, don't read)

spoiler[I have always hated legos. First you come up with some awsome idea and then *poof* guess what? you have just built you hundredth tower. don't deny it, it always turns in to a tower, until it collapses bye the sheer weight of stacking every lego you own on top because when you are 5, your spatial thinking isn't that great , plus, unless you have loads of free time, like these people, you always need the sepecal kit with the special pieces to bulild the any thing great. F off legos, you suck (I still give props to the people that made all those figures)]
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
jrnemanich wrote:
Wow, I would love to have that bike and that ship

Rant about legos in spoiler (if you like legos, don't read)

spoiler[I have always hated legos. First you come up with some awsome idea and then *poof* guess what? you have just built you hundredth tower. don't deny it, it always turns in to a tower, until it collapses bye the sheer weight of stacking every lego you own on top because when you are 5, your spatial thinking isn't that great , plus, unless you have loads of free time, like these people, you always need the sepecal kit with the special pieces to bulild the any thing great. F off legos, you suck (I still give props to the people that made all those figures)]

I love legos and I can totally understand your rant. Always when I had build a cool building I decided that it needed one more floor and after I had build several of these "one more floors" I had build a tower. And here comes the rage part, the tower could last it's weight (I think I was 9-10 when I had the tower phase, I build huge weapons and cars when I was 5) but it would break if moved, so cleaning my room always included destroying the lego tower. Evil or Very Mad
championferret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 am Reply with quote
For future articles like this, would it be possible to have the images clickable? (ie, to enlarge them). There seems to be lots of small details in these that I'd like to see, but it's hard to appreciate them with such small pictures.
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:24 am Reply with quote
I'd buy the One Piece lego set, but only if Zoro is spelled as Z-O-R-O not Z-O-L-O. Cause I think of the 4Kids Roronoa Zoro whenever I hear his name pronouced as Zolo.
rabrek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
For future articles like this, would it be possible to have the images clickable? (ie, to enlarge them). There seems to be lots of small details in these that I'd like to see, but it's hard to appreciate them with such small pictures.

Try the links in the title text. OK, the One Piece link takes you to the same teeny pic, but the others I clicked brought me to outside pages. I was especially impressed by the gallery of detailed Yamato images.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
I like the K-On and Ghost in the Shell ones
Frazmataz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
Hm, nice selection =) I myself built an Lego SDF Macross a couple of years back, which can be seen here:
http://sheezyart.com/art/browse/club/12538/

I've still got the thing, on a windowsill in my room Very Happy
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I like these new Top 10 list features, but could you like to some bigger images. You can't tell what is going on in a lot of these.
stararnold

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote
There's something you don't see everyday. Gotta admit, those sculpture artists sure have talent, and I find the lego replica of the Yamato from "Space Battleship Yamato" does add a modern futuristic feel to the outer look of the ship itself.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
that Yamato one is awsome I'm sort of upset that the Zaku II isn't a red Char one. I don't recall ever seeing a black one. Must not have had the right colored bricks
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2