• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuroshitsuji II.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
A-1 Pictures trolled us all. Laughing Laughing

spoiler[The end of the first episode episode has Sebastian and Ciel, and the preview for the next episode features solely Sebastian and Ciel (who is alive again), and there is no trace of Alois or Claude. Talk about a Decoy Protagonist, huh?]
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quote
Wow. Surprisingly successful troll is surprisingly successful.

spoiler[The entire episode has Sebastian, in fact, not only the end. Why are there several devil butlers at the same time though? And are they going to follow the manga later?]

I might actually follow this one.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 am Reply with quote
This just got a whole lot more interesting for me with that surprise.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
Hah. I had zero expectations for this, but now it's changed. I think I was one of the few defending the possibility of spoiler[Ciel coming back when they announced this new anime]. And now, look, hah. Take that.
But I'll admit that I had even forgotten what I once fought for... lol.
Hikaru.Shi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Ahaha!
Back the time when I saw the trailer of Kuro II I was so upset but now, I just laugh to myself to be tricked by A-1 Pictures xD

Ciel and Sebby are back and the whole episode is just FTW Twisted Evil
Klampo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quote
bait and switch! Too bad its not following the manga!
qwertybob900

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
The only bad thing about bringing them back is that they are probably going to kill them off again.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The only bad thing is that they brought back the character who should have stayed out of the series - Lizzy. It's one of those episodes that's simply annoying because of her presence. It looks like we're seeing the return of the uneven quality of season 1.
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Lizzie is one of the few cutesy anime girls that I *don't* want to shove into a refrigerator, actually, so I don't mind her around. Actually it would have been weird to NOT have her back, when everyone else showed up, since we knew she didn't die Razz

Part of me wants to be kind of mad that season 1's epic-ness is somewhat negated by the return of characters who shouldn't return, but... mostly I'm just really happy to see them back <3
qwertybob900

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
Lizzie is one of the few cutesy anime girls that I *don't* want to shove into a refrigerator, actually, so I don't mind her around. Actually it would have been weird to NOT have her back, when everyone else showed up, since we knew she didn't die Razz

I know what you are saying but she is really annoy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't know what's a spoiler or not anymore, so I'll just hide the whole post.

spoiler[I thought the first series ended with a potential hook for their return in a sequel, but as happy as I am to see them again, I'm withholding my full approval until they explain why they're back. It better be plausible. Smile]
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
Just saw episode 3, not to give any specifics away but spoiler[seems Sebastian hit the reset button because Ceil's soul wasn't pure/noble/w.e enough for him at the end of season 1.] At least that's what I got. I do like that they're going to be keeping Alois and Claude as characters. The little, what I can only assume is, the undying spawn of concentrated evil sorta grew on me
Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I still haven't seen ep 3 with subtitles, and my Japanese is really bad, so... yeah, still no idea where they're going with this xD I'm just happy to see some more familiar faces ;D
qwertybob900

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Blackpeppir wrote:
Just saw episode 3, not to give any specifics away but spoiler[seems Sebastian hit the reset button because Ceil's soul wasn't pure/noble/w.e enough for him at the end of season 1.]

Ceil was kinda reset but so were many of the other characters which is sad no one really remembers ceil but them remember that there is a phantomhive earl
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
qwertybob900 wrote:
Blackpeppir wrote:
Just saw episode 3, not to give any specifics away but spoiler[seems Sebastian hit the reset button because Ceil's soul wasn't pure/noble/w.e enough for him at the end of season 1.]

Ceil was kinda reset but so were many of the other characters which is sad no one really remembers ceil but them remember that there is a phantomhive earl

I don't think the other characters don't remember him... I mean, spoiler[Grell] seems to be really confused when they are "introduced" to one another.
Honestly, right now I'm leaning toward the theory that ep 1 is in a different "timeline" from the next two, and spoiler[Ciel hasn't entirely woken up yet].
Maybe.
I don't know Laughing We're just going to get to the end of the season and learn that they've been in purgatory all along, waiting on everyone to die and catch up xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2