• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[adult swim] postpones new Bleach until August 2010.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
Source: http://www.animevice.com/news/adult-swim-postpones-new-bleach-until-august/3952/

Gia Manry wrote:
Nebs caught wind this morning that the new episodes of Bleach that were supposed to premiere on Adult Swim this April were no longer on the schedule. Instead, starting on April 24th, Bleach will be in rerun mode, starting back at episode 129 - during the Arrancar arc, when Hitsugaya was being even more super-awesome than usual, if I remember correctly.

I checked in with Adult Swim, and was told that the postponement was due to a "production delay" and that there would be no new premieres until August, assuming everything goes well from here. Disappointing for many, I know, but don't worry - you'll be getting your new Bleach fix soon enough. Now sit back and enjoy some delicious Hitsugaya, before he gets banned in Japan and wiped out from the series (Kidding!).

My thoughts on this news?

1.) Gosh darn it, no more new Bleach until August 2010? *fanrages*

2.) Well I guess it's better than having to wait a whole year (November 2010?).
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote
Wow, bless them! At least they will cut off the horrible fillers! Evil or Very Mad
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quote
Mike On Top wrote:
Wow, bless them! At least they will cut off the horrible fillers! Evil or Very Mad

Huh? Adult Swim will still be airing the Amagai arc and such, it's just being delayed until August 2010.

AS will NOT be skipping any episodes. They will air episodes 168, 169, etc in order.

Sorry if that's what you thought the news article said.
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quote
Tsk, it was too good to be true.
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
The news is disappointing, but it's good to hear something about the issue from [AS].
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Only 3-4 months left to go until the English Dub returns on Adult Swim Sad, sigh.

I tried watching Episode 168 subbed and hated it.

Why must we have to wait for so long for the dub to come back, why?!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
It's probably casting issues for the new characters or Ichigo's actor quit VA work like he was rumored to be dong and they have to replace him. I don't know. Idealistically, I hope the delay is because they're rearranging the episodes so that the filler junk doesn't keep interrupting the story so that it will flow better.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was a bit concerned because of the whole Bang-Zoom shut down terror. Wasn't that the studio that was doing the Bleach dub work?

Is that going to effect things at all?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
it could be that they want to give Japan more time so they don't catch up to fast showing two episodes a week they they where doing on AS. I mean they were like two arcs behind the Japanese I think?

I'm pretty sure Viz uses there in-house stuff for Bleach? I mean I know the only show there using Bang Zoom for is Vampire Knight
vashna

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I'm sorry. I was under the incorrect impression that Bang-Zoom did Bleach.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
It's probably casting issues for the new characters or Ichigo's actor quit VA work like he was rumored to be dong and they have to replace him. I don't know. Idealistically, I hope the delay is because they're rearranging the episodes so that the filler junk doesn't keep interrupting the story so that it will flow better.

That is the problem with rumors, they may be true or they may not be true. Personally, I really like Johnny voice as Ichigo and supported Viz Media because of the great voice actors in the series as well.

I waited 8-9 years for Dragon Quest 8, so four months is nothing compared to waiting nearly a decade. The younger generation just needs to learn how to patience, among other life skills.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I was a bit concerned because of the whole Bang-Zoom shut down terror. Wasn't that the studio that was doing the Bleach dub work?

Is that going to effect things at all?

ninjapet wrote:
it could be that they want to give Japan more time so they don't catch up to fast showing two episodes a week they they where doing on AS. I mean they were like two arcs behind the Japanese I think?

I'm pretty sure Viz uses there in-house stuff for Bleach? I mean I know the only show there using Bang Zoom for is Vampire Knight

VIZ doesn't have a studio. They use Studiopolis for Bleach, and for Naruto too.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Well whatever the case it sucks.

Reading just the manga isn't good enough for me, and it's still behind the viz dub of the anime.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:

Reading just the manga isn't good enough for me, and it's still behind the viz dub of the anime.

Having even a tiny bit of patience in life will make you succeed where others may falter. Just be glad AS didn't eradicate anime entirely and just air the non anime shows.

In all seriousness, I rather wait than not be able to watch the series at through AS. At least the show wasn't dropped like Case Closed and Lupin the third.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:

Having even a tiny bit of patience in life will make you succeed where others may falter. Just be glad AS didn't eradicate anime entirely and just air the non anime shows.

In all seriousness, I rather wait than not be able to watch the series at through AS. At least the show wasn't dropped like Case Closed and Lupin the third.

FUNimation has NOT dropped Case Closed, there could still be new episodes next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1