• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your schedule and anime[on TV]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quote
So about a while ago I did a topic on when do you feel is the best time for anime. Well now I have thought of yet another question that deals with anime and when you watch it.

Do you get frustrated when you miss anime on TV? (Adult swim, toonami, etc...,)Now that it is summer in the states I have been visiting my cottage in sauble beach, Ontario, Canada(notice how I have been away for a while). I have missed all of Gundam SEED, except for 2 episodes, I really looked forward to it, but know I keep missing it. The same happens for Wolf's Rain. I just got the DVD today and I am catching up. I fell in love with Megas XLR but now I believe I have missed the entire first season. Don't get me wrong I LOVE going to my cottage but when I get home to watch SEED and others I turn off the TV because I don't want to spoil anything(Megas being an exception). What about you? Does this happen to you? Do you get frustrated when you miss anime?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
The thing about missing AS programming is that you can be guaranteed that they'll recirculate the programming. Toonami...I don't know about...
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:10 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
The thing about missing AS programming is that you can be guaranteed that they'll recirculate the programming. Toonami...I don't know about...
What you said about AS is true...however I don't believe I will still be able to see them. But with netflix it helps. It makes it easy to catch up....and since the only show on AS on saturdays right now that I am interested in is Wolf's Rain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
I fell in love with Megas XLR but now I believe I have missed the entire first season.

Megas is currently in repeats so you won't be missing much if you start watching now. I have a fealing they'll be going through a third run as well.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:
I fell in love with Megas XLR but now I believe I have missed the entire first season.

Megas is currently in repeats so you won't be missing much if you start watching now. I have a fealing they'll be going through a third run as well.

Emerje
According to Newtype the second season is coming soon...
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:55 pm Reply with quote
"Soon" can mean anything from next week to this fall. Also with Newtype being printed material things can change quickly, sometimes CN makes changes quicker than even the net can keep up with. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Well for me Mon-Fri at 4:00 to 5:00 PM I watch Pokemon on Kids WB. Also on Fridays I watch Tenchi in Tokyo at 8:00 PM. On Sat. at 9:00 AM I watch Pokemon and at 12:00 Midnight Inu-Yasha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
light_inu_yasha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
So about a while ago I did a topic on when do you feel is the best time for anime. Well now I have thought of yet another question that deals with anime and when you watch it.

Do you get frustrated when you miss anime on TV? (Adult swim, toonami, etc...,)Now that it is summer in the states I have been visiting my cottage in sauble beach, Ontario, Canada(notice how I have been away for a while). I have missed all of Gundam SEED, except for 2 episodes, I really looked forward to it, but know I keep missing it. The same happens for Wolf's Rain. I just got the DVD today and I am catching up. I fell in love with Megas XLR but now I believe I have missed the entire first season. Don't get me wrong I LOVE going to my cottage but when I get home to watch SEED and others I turn off the TV because I don't want to spoil anything(Megas being an exception). What about you? Does this happen to you? Do you get frustrated when you miss anime?
man, i watch what ever is on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:46 am Reply with quote
light_inu_yasha wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:

What I meant was do you ever get frustrated when you miss anime which you are currently into.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quote
Hmm. I suppose I get a little upset if I miss an episode. Let's see, since Witch Hunter Robin came on (back in April), I've mainly been watching that, Gundam SEED, and Wolf's Rain.

I missed one episode of WHR, which I think was "The Inquisitor" episode (forgot to turn off the VCR for timed recording Mad...). I missed the first episode of Wolf's Rain when it debuted (but have the first volume on DVD now, and have since watched it in clear cut DVD quality, which looks and sounds AWESOME Razz...). And I missed the second episode of Gundam SEED, but was able to find a fansub (which I deleted immediately after watching Wink).

So all in all, I haven't really missed out on anything, but I guess the answer would be yes. Animefreak, do you have TiVo or a VCR? Smile
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:41 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
light_inu_yasha wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:

What I meant was do you ever get frustrated when you miss anime which you are currently into.

I don't really get frustrated, I just dislike it. Usually when I miss an episode I won't watch it again until it gets back to that episode. That way I don't miss important things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

So all in all, I haven't really missed out on anything, but I guess the answer would be yes. Animefreak, do you have TiVo or a VCR? Smile

Nope, TiVo, well I can't afford that, and VCR, busted...
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:

Ah, that's a shame. Well, do you have any friends or relatives that could help you? If not, I'm sure if you put enough effort into saving up, you could at least get a working VCR and a blank tape so as not to miss out on one of your favorite pastimes. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:22 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:

Time to cough up $30 and buy a new VCR! Razz

Emerje
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:29 am Reply with quote
For me I have really only been watching Seed, and Wolf's Rain lately. I have been very lucky that my boss has not made me close on a weekend once this summer yet, so I have not missed any eps so far Cool .

Back when I was watching WHR, I missed a few eps because it was on late where I was at. That kind of pissed me off, because I really like that series(minus the ending Mad ). So yeah I guess it can be a bit frustrating at times when you miss something that you want to see.

~LoneWolf
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2