• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
recomendations

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
i've watched NGE Berserk and im halfway through cowboy bebop and waiting until ytv airs season 2 of inu yasha on52 rite now what should i watch after bebop.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Thats reall up to you. Depends on what anime you like. Since you see to like a lot of the stuff aired on Adult Swim try out Trigun, you might like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kawaii Moon Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic! is a good series to try out.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes and also I'm pretty sure you'll like Wolf's Rain!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
triggerw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Wolf's Rain is just amazing
I recommend Evangelion, my first serie ever watch and still watching
You can wait for R.O.D.: the TV to come out (first 1 out), saw first DVD(4eps)amazing
GTO another good one but long, 43 eps
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
triggerw wrote:

I recommend Evangelion, my first serie ever watch and still watching

Ahh, but balla has already seen Eva

balla wrote:
i've watched NGE

NGE = Neon Genesis Evangelion Wink
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote
GTO is "great," literally, but please try to watch it in Japanese the first time through, you won't be dissapointed.

And I'm going to keep bugging you to watch Kenshin TV in Japanese Razz. The Kyoto arc and Tsuioku-hen are just so complimentary to each other. It's a shame Jinchuu was never animated.

X (TV) is also another masterpiece. It has a good dub too, so I won't get on its case.

If you like violence, Berserk is also good, but don't let the massive amounts of blood bother you, there's actually an excellent story past all of that red paint. Wink
balla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
i've seen berserk, and tony K i promise you as soon as I finish Bebop i will try my very best to get my hands on Kenshin thnx for all the help.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Twelve Kingdoms is a great fantasy (not dark like Berserk, but still exellent)
RahXephon is one of my favorites, and in my opinion far supirior to EVA
i love Wolfs Rain (as you can probobly tell by my avatar Wink ), but many people find it slow
you might want to check out Last Exile as well
as for Kenshin, i really only liked the second season, where they fight Shishio
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
as for Kenshin, i really only liked the second season, where they fight Shishio

Oh yeah, balla, I forgot to mention. When you watch the TV series, just go up to episode 62 (Volume 14), that's the end of Kyoto and everything else afterwards is garbage. Mad
alucard_X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote
yes, Berserk and Evangelion are some of my favorites. I would absolutely reccommend Hellsing. it is verrrrrrry good. And if you want another complex one like evangelion (with some of the plot and all) i would reccommend Serial Experiments Lain. Excellent series, realllllllllly makes you think. All of the ones I've named are like my four favorites so they are alllll excellent choices. i could name hundreds but ill leave that to everyone else.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing - Great and not too long, gets kinda lame with incognito (kinda strayed away from the manga and messed things up for a sequal)
Naruto - Alot of people try to judge it before they watch it, but it's such a great anime plenty of action and pretty good comedy also.
Fullmetal Alchemist - Purely awesome! Pretty tough to find now, if your not into fan subs try to catch it on adult swim in october.
X - Like tony said just an incredible series and you can't find a cooler character than Sorata! I didn't see it dubbed so I missed out on some good voice acting. o well, sub was good also.
Visions of Escaflowne - This series really got me into anime, just the whole mystical adventure. Great animation and story the ending is kinda unsettling, really happened too fast... too bad it didn't do well in Japan or maybe we would have had another season or two.
Gungrave - Fairly new series. Many people have given it a really bad wrap but I absolutly loved it. The whole mob/gangster thing totally had me...kinda predictable story but has a nice twist at the end.
Last Exile - Now, i've only seen 13 episodes (half) so far but I was in aww. Such nice animation and wonderful story... there should be a marathon sometime soon on tech tv maybe around christmas time due to tech tv's airing the rest of the series some time around there.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:48 am Reply with quote
JustinSane wrote:
Gungrave - Fairly new series. Many people have given it a really bad wrap but I absolutly loved it. The whole mob/gangster thing totally had me...kinda predictable story but has a nice twist at the end.

I just got my Vol.1 + art box a couple of days ago, and I really like this series so far. The Japanese DTS 5.1 makes those gunshots sound really nice Shocked.

But the way it looks on the first disc, I hope the entire thing isn't a giant flashback like Berserk, though I'm confident that it will go "Beyond the Flashback" Wink.

P.S.: I like the music (Tsuneo Imahori rocks, I'll probably get the OST as well...)
JustinSane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
JustinSane wrote:

I just got my Vol.1 + art box a couple of days ago, and I really like this series so far. The Japanese DTS 5.1 makes those gunshots sound really nice Shocked.

But the way it looks on the first disc, I hope the entire thing isn't a giant flashback like Berserk, though I'm confident that it will go "Beyond the Flashback" Wink.

P.S.: I like the music (Tsuneo Imahori rocks, I'll probably get the OST as well...)

The flashback ends around episode 18. Then goes back to the present day madness. I also love the music... took me forever to get the ED theme mp3. I love the OP theme too. I don't know why alot of people complain that the animation is "sketchy and lazy" it was done by madhouse! Please people don't judge the series by the first episode or you'll miss out on a really great series.
Yomiko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I would have to agree with the previously stated Full Metal Alchemist and RahXephon, but if you enjoy Inu Yasha a lot you could give Ranma 1/2 a try. Don't be mislead because of the dated visuals it is a spectacular series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2