• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name this anime...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Withnail

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone could help me recall an anime (not even sure if it's a film or series) I vaugely recall seeing on TV years ago.
I'm afraid I can't offer many leads as I saw it back in the early-to-mid '90s here but here's what I've got:

It was on Channel 4 here in the UK back when they were showing the odd bit of anime on Friday nights. So yeah, definitely early-ish '90s.

One of the major characters (main protagonist? I can't recall) was a rather androgynous-looking man/woman with (probably) white hair and was armed with some sort of razor-sharp dental floss - a wire of some sort used to chop people into bits I guess.

It had a sci-fi setting.

Yeah, not much to go on huh? Still, if anything springs to mind then please let me know. It's kinda bugging me. Thanks!

-Withnail
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:52 am Reply with quote
I doubt it was this, but maybe:

anime#89
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:59 am Reply with quote
Well the character looks right but it doesn't seem to be sci-fi. Still, thanks anyway.

Any other suggestions folks?
Fenrir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote
can you give us some plot details I mean the way you described it covers a lot of anime.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like its probably Cyber City ODEO 808. Was released in the UK in the 90's. One of the main protagonists has white hair and if I remember correctly uses a wire. Also has a futuristic sci-fi setting. The character in question (benten) is also androgynous. I think he might actually be a transvestite, not certain though.

release#2731
Withnail

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote
And we have a winner!

Not that it was a competition but I think you're right on the money Mr Mania - the characters on the video cover look familiar.

My mind is at rest now. heh

Cheers mate!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1